18th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, Tiy.. you know you're only going to stir up the masses with seductive language like that.
    But, good luck to you and the Chucklefish team at i49, you'll be great.
    Cheers.:chucklefish:

2. And here it is for all the "Beta is tomorrow" people, the tier 1 is being fixed and polished, what means there are many other tiers to go! :rofl:

The number is unknown but it shows only the "starter stuff" is already being finished. And also the first boss yet being tweaked and fixed (since June) of certainly many bosses. :rolleyes:

madkillller, Solum, tassina and 3 others like this.
  3. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I’m really looking forwards to having a complete, polished tier 1. Each additional tier after tier 1 essentially adds one new major gameplay changing feature. Many of which are almost done. It also adds a bunch of new items, armors, etc. All of which are already done. So it puts us in a great position to finish up the game.

*GASP* *hyperventilates*

Good night sleep tight dream of starbound beta tonight

4. Prymael

Prymael Big Damn Hero

I laugh every time I read Tiy say he can't really tell us about something because this image always comes to mind when he does it;

[​IMG]

5. Zukratis

Zukratis Orbital Explorer

I have a feeling it's going to be a long year. Haha

Prymael likes this.
  6. Krebtron

Krebtron Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm excited about more flying enemies! I just went back and looked at that cute airplane one from monster of the week.

Svarr Chanston and tassina like this.
  7. Masa K.

Masa K. Tentacle Wrangler

There's really no way for me to comment very easily on this update, since it was largely a focus on bug-squashing as you say, but I will take the time to thank you very much for all of this hard work. I49 is coming soon, and though not all of us can attend, I'm sure that you will feel all of your fans cheering you on regardless.

tassina, Krebtron and Prymael like this.
  8. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

he said **whisper** ".... finish up the game ....."

Morzan and Dariot like this.
  9. Krebtron

Krebtron Subatomic Cosmonaut

Also that missing texture had the odd effect of looking like a cloud of dust or soot when it stacked. Looked kind of cool when Tiy was blasting through that easy-to-mine material.

samufel, Svarr Chanston and tassina like this.
  10. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

That makes nine features. I'm really excited to see what each new tier will challenge me with.

tassina likes this.
  11. EastBayWilly

EastBayWilly Title Not Found

So uh...my birthday is coming up (20th). Nothing would make me happier than to spend the day playing Beta :mwahaha:

I'm kidding of course...

Or am I?

Cuchilain, killpay and Svarr Chanston like this.
  12. Noc

Noc Guest

How many tiers will the first release of beta have? Also, will the story be entwined with the tiers?

Morzan and Captain Malcolm like this.
  13. Zukratis

Zukratis Orbital Explorer

I'm hoping a total of 10 honestly..

14. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

Dear Starbound team,
    You got in mind implement a local coop for people ho can not play online but got brothers/sisters friends boy/girlfriends and want play in coop?
    Sorry my english.

Trixmay988 and Santamunn like this.
  15. EastBayWilly

EastBayWilly Title Not Found

Local Co-op would be cool. But it'd be difficult unless the game has native controller support or you have two keyboards I guess. Not to mention you'd likely need two monitors to avoid the lame split screen curse.

Captain Malcolm likes this.
  16. Slider

Slider Void-Bound Voyager

hope to see some gameplay with boss from i49. ok, wut is 49?

17. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

Well,Terraria got pad integration and Project Zomboid,and the split screen is not bad to me. I think is posible,is my illusion,this,and the beta release haha

18. Jackorias

Jackorias Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well yet again the team have out done themselves with lots of hard work. I have absolutely no doubt that I49 will be a success. I'd hate to stir up hope including my own but with the largest tier out of the way and only nine more tiers to implement, update and then polish off the beta may not be as far off as some would think.

Svarr Chanston and tassina like this.
  19. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

Everyone pull out your fly swatters! it's bug squashin' time!

20. Psyme

Psyme Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Carefull Tiy, I think you may get many more Beta Release Date demands than you had bargained for.