17th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Peri0dikRedz

Peri0dikRedz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think fabric should be crafted with cobweb.

2. Ipix

Ipix Void-Bound Voyager

Each player starts with one item of clothing that can be salvaged for cloth. Lucky ones may start with pants, unluckier ones a sock or some such. Salvaging only returns part of the item's materials.
    No naturally spawning cloth in the world at all. Clothing cannot be dropped, stored in containers, or traded.
    You must slay other players to acquire cloth.

3. JackofBlades

JackofBlades Orbital Explorer

I think something along those lines would be great. Have a room just for silk worms, then go and collect the materials periodically, like crops. If not, then finding and killing a suitable creature could work just as well. Or if you have/find clothes you don't want, unweave it or something to collect the materials. Anything like that or something more techy, I don't mind, because it'll still be awesome! (Fantastic update by the way)

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

I'm loving the sound of the treasure system. That was my favourite part of Terraria, finding a chest, beating a friend to it, and lying/fighting over its contents :sneaky:

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

Nice screenshot of the Floran daycare you posted there. I see by the Avian present it's also snack time.

Leak, Toryu-Mau and OldNESJunkie like this.
  6. Pwnsomemcdk

Pwnsomemcdk Big Damn Hero

you can have fabric such as cotton, which you can grow from a seed from a chest? and mabye silk from silkworms that you can find and cultivate... just a suggestion.

7. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

But who knows? Fate is the only thing that decides, maybe (MAYBE, a very big MAYBE) the devs can finish most of the game early on and send the beta out earlier.

8. Tacere Vigil

Tacere Vigil Orbital Explorer

I hate to sound like a hater (is that irony? I can't tell) but I don't like the rivers in the background, especially the one on the mountain. They just look a little...odd. Out of place, I guess. It's like you kinda just scribbled blue lines on the background, which is, of course, completely understandable, considering that the background river graphics probably aren't your biggest priority at the moment :p
    Beyond that (extremely petty) complaint, I have nothing else negative to say. Keep up the great work!

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Where does it say this?, I thought we had no info about beta release at all.

ThatMadCat likes this.
  10. MikeZero0

MikeZero0 Void-Bound Voyager

What about little plants to get cotton or something and then convert it in thread or something and then you can get it together to use it....or something

11. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

12. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fabric could be found almost anywhere.
    • Animals
    • Plants
    • Bosses
    • Random chests
    • Dungeons
    • Purchased from NPC Vendors
    • Quest rewards
    • Crafted
    There's probably other reasonable ideas for obtaining fabric. Honestly, you could make just about anything work.

13. Seeker89

Seeker89 Void-Bound Voyager

I think you should add a new plant, for fabrics and I think the plant should be hemp. Hemp can be use and has been used for 100s of years to make fabrics, rope, wax, resin and even fuel. Just think about it.

14. Quenton

Quenton Phantasmal Quasar

It looks like that planet is about to break apart.

15. Wolfedg

Wolfedg Pangalactic Porcupine

This...
    Cotton > Cotton Gin > Refined Cotton
    Sheep > Shears > Wool

Wool/Cotton > Spinning Wheel > Thread
    Thread > dye > dyed thread
    Thread > loom > cloth
    Etc...

Toryu-Mau, Axe Garian, Floth and 3 others like this.
  16. SystemMega

SystemMega Poptop Tamer

Thought on where cloth could be obtained. Bugs and various plants are two majors that come to mind but also mobs, breakables, and farmed ways. Then make the items needed to gather and craft the cloths in different ways with also tools like looms and cotton gins. I mean there is a lot of things in our world to take from then you could make stuff more futuristic later on like star dust and energy driven cloths. I mean this is only the tip of the ice berg!!!

17. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

From: Various creatures you kill, different types of leather perhaps

Edit:

What this guy says is very true though, there are so many ways you could obtain fabric. I guess having fabric being obtained in several different ways would be the best way, making it balance out somehow.

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Bumblescumps

Bumblescumps Void-Bound Voyager

my god...i love that planet in the screen shot. it has such a home feeling. :zzz::)

Ammonite likes this.
  19. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

typically, fabrics are made from planet materials or animal skins are they not? unless they're synthesized fabrics of course. Having the option for killing a mob to drop some animal skins or harvesting cotton or perhaps some alien plant to give plant based fabrics shouldn't be too hard to add I don't think.

20. Dabetus

Dabetus Master Chief

I mean this in no other way than constructive criticism, but am I the only one who doesn't like the background? It just looks bland and poorly thrown together. Just my thought. Much more important things to spend time on for sure.

Avialle, Teih and Ammonite like this.