17th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Nedox

Nedox Void-Bound Voyager

What is that yellow thing on the right there?? You know, i bet it's something awesome, but it was put out of view just to mess with us...

Sidenote: I can feel the beta. I FEEL IT IN MY SOUL.

2. Deathgarnet

Deathgarnet Title Not Found

What about plant fibres, and stuff dropping from animals you kill, like silk could drop from arachnid-like aliens, and Plant fibres could be dropped by florans once you massacre them all, various metals could be dropped from glitch, all that kinda stuff.

3. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

The Beta....
    I can smell it...

Nedox likes this.
  4. AlecCItz

AlecCItz Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason, the flowers are being a major turn-off.

5. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

Why not make fabrics themselves found-able at villages/towns whilst creating a crafting system using the flowers and other plants to create fabrics for yourself?

6. Inco

Inco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What's that yellow thingy to the right of the character?

It reminds me of these:
    [​IMG]

Has it actually been confirmed or are you assuming it won't be released prior to the Insomnia event?

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  7. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Let us make clothes from leather gathered from our enemies' skins!
    and dye it with their blood!!! :rainbow:

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Rhondis

Rhondis Aquatic Astronaut

EGYPTIAN CLOTH! Or silk.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

It's because the coloration of the flowers seems to not fit with the coloration of the world. Perhaps they will tune it so certain flowers will appear. OR have it so the stems are colorized in a similar manner as the world. The current flowers don't quite look like they belong on that world.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  10. I think it would be really neat to have certain fabrics produced from crops. Something like cotton. Of course, "cotton" could then have other uses besides clothing.. But basic plants, crops, animal skins/feathers/teeth/scales, and ore are pretty logical. And man, I don't know why I thought of this but silk worm are another option as well.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  11. rexmankiller5

rexmankiller5 Aquatic Astronaut

o thx you this is how i feel some times

SaDb0y likes this.
  12. rexmankiller5

rexmankiller5 Aquatic Astronaut

but i still love them

13. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

It seems like every update sentence teases beta closer, then every OTHER update sentence pushes it further back

"We implemented the clothing system and it works Great!" (Beta sounds closer!!!) "Now we just need to fill it with clothes" (They just punted to the other end of the field!?!?!)

WWHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Floth likes this.
  14. KrimsonRed

KrimsonRed Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe you could refine drops from monsters into fabrics and other stuff, or possibly be able to break down your old equipment for a bit of the crafting materials? Just some thoughts.

15. Cakewalker

Cakewalker Subatomic Cosmonaut

fabric should be bought from vendors for and/or harvested from cotton crop.

also it would cost more to just buy fabric than it would to buy/find seeds and wait for them to grow and then be harvested

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  16. DamnDirtyApes

DamnDirtyApes Orbital Explorer

What if fabrics came from capturing and taming queen Alien species?

The idea would be you would have to capture a queen larva and then feed it till it grows to maturity, once mature they begin to produce fabrics. Of course they would all be cute and cuddly at the beginning, but some of them would become hideously ugly fabric producing monsters.

Toryu-Mau, Axe Garian and Avialle like this.
  17. MachineRiver6

MachineRiver6 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you put the flowers into pots which can be used to decorate your home?

Toryu-Mau and CanadianBacon like this.
  18. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that it's best to make fabrics come from crops, or rarely animals. Preferably make both able to drop all fabrics, for an example make a "spider flower" able to drop spider silk in addition to spiderlike monsters. Or a cotton-puff like animal drop cotton like cotton crops would. After all, there's infinite variations of species ! Maybe even some living mattresses !

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  19. Sower

Sower Big Damn Hero

With regards to where fabrics come from, have the devs considered skinning, shearing, etc?

Animals whose corpses are skinnable would remain after death and would require a tool to skin. Insects/plants could be harvested (and cultivated) for silk/cotton and other creatures like sheep could be sheared for wool-type fabrics. Quality of goods obtained would degrade depending on how the animals were killed, i.e. rocket launchers would just destroy the body outright and flamethrowers would result in a ruined/burnt pelt.

Quality of tools used to harvest/cultivate and levels of the creatures themselves could also be taken into consideration. Maybe incorporate these ideas into the talent system somehow? Of course this would require some sort of loot system for monsters which I haven't heard about or seen as of yet.

One worry though about these ideas is that there would simply be too much loot. The progression of such a system and the amount of goods received would have to be seriously fine-tuned.

Edit: Oh, and if a loot system was added you could incorporate possible bonuses from skinning like trophies (claws, tails, etc). Which maybe could then be used as recipes for mods on weapons, armor, and cloaks or as decorations. Lots of potential here.

Toryu-Mau, Axe Garian, Floth and 4 others like this.
  20. AlecCItz

AlecCItz Void-Bound Voyager

That's fair enough, I'm only regarding how the current screenshot wasn't very appealing.

Axe Garian likes this.