17th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

I have a feeling that is no longer true, seeing as they want to try and get all 10 tiers in the beta. Personally, I think they're going to release the game lacking some of the stretch goals with a few bugs rather than the "questless" build they initially claimed to be gunning for.

2. IcyOrio

IcyOrio Cosmic Narwhal

Am I the only one here who is kind of ticked that we won't be able to leisurely hold down the jump key and instead, have to constantly spam it if we'd like to be able to stroll along our merry way?

3. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

Nope they said that all the bosses won't be on beta so no all the 10 tiers will be complete. When i have some time I want to see the new stream :D, some good guy uploaded it.

4. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Steam mentioned, Starbound will be on steam right? Starbound Beta confirmed.

tassina likes this.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Half-Life 3 will also be on Steam, so that must be confirmed as well!

tassina and Svarr Chanston like this.
  6. Ragewar

Ragewar Industrial Terraformer

BET..A Nevermind.

7. Poor Jonesy, he still believes that Half Life 3 will come out.
    May the God have mercy on your soul child.

tassina likes this.
  8. Jonesy

Screw God, it's Gabe Newell I'm worried about.

9. Ah yes, I remember Gabe... Gabe Newell. He was a good kid but math was always his achilles' heel, especially counting up numbers.

tassina and Jonesy like this.
  10. Jonesy

He could never get very far. Two was about as good as he could get. It's a shame really. If he could count further, so much joy would come to the world.

11. Just think what he could be able to accomplish in life, what great things he could create and shape to give it to the world!
    But I guess not every man is born to be great, it's a shame indeed...

tassina and Jonesy like this.
  12. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

So I guess Tiy was lying to me when I asked him if they were trying to get all 10 tiers into the beta and he said "hopefully".

13. Daashi

Daashi Subatomic Cosmonaut

*sign* i49, yet another game/nerd convention/gathering/thingy that I cannot attend because I am from a lower income bracket and in a geographically inconvenient area.

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  14. Not lying, he's just bad at estimates.

Svarr Chanston and tassina like this.
  15. Shade215

Shade215 Big Damn Hero

People, y u bug for beta like little babies without candeh???
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

16. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

"An item stacking glitch came about again but was quickly elimenated."

GeorgeV hates organized members of the Glitch race and kills them on sight. You saw it here first! Rise up brothers! Throw off the shackles of "King George" and his oppressive reign of terror! By fighting him now, we will ensure the future of all our little child-glitch and their rights to combine objects into proper piles! Gone will be the days of random mess being the rule of law! Fight on for freedom! Fight on for bag space!

Or maybe he meant "bug" when he said glitch. Best kill him and not take any chances. ;)

17. Shade215

Shade215 Big Damn Hero

Your aspiring speech has induced a sense of vigor into your fellow party members, and they suddenly look up to you as you stand there mighty over your speech.
    The party gains 2+ to their charisma and 1+ to their strength, however your party is now labelled as enemies of King George the V, and there for will be attacked on sight by any of his followers.

18. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

As a space pirate, I pretty much get attacked on sight anyway, what with the "taking of other people's things" and all. But I'm totally cool with the party bonuses! The real question is: Do these bonuses stack with the "bonuses" from all the free liquor I gave to the crowd before I spoke?

tassina and Lord Hatty like this.
  19. hailsatyr

hailsatyr Void-Bound Voyager

those cracked tiles affected by explosion look kinda repetitive

20. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

They will thank you. The idea of open Beta is precisely that: By brute force of numbers try and find all the really hard to find bugs that couldn't be found before. However a dev team will reduce the chances of that happening if all players are busy finding the really obvious bugs they should already have weeded out.

tassina, Prymael and Axe Garian like this.