11th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wanderlust characters all look so angry.

I really hope Tiy will make so that every container will have its own inventory size - I hate when a chest has as much space as stupid cabinet or drawer.

2. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

I actually kind of asked OmnipotentEntity about this, and he said there are storage items between the sizes of 8-60 slots in game. So I imagine that should answer your question.

3. Skitz

Skitz Big Damn Hero

Will there be appearance transmutation [or some other word for it] so that i can get endgame weapons and have them rusty, or will that just be a case of mod it yourself?

Ammonite likes this.
  4. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

Not unlike many of my fellow starboundians it sends shivers of pure excitement down my spine when Tiy's bringing it thick and fast again!
    If you're in this line of development at the moment, why not add throwable pop up tents? I would be amazed :monkey:

King Leonidas and Sitanel like this.
  5. Its the little things that truly make games great imo.

Sitanel, Zincuable and Ammonite like this.
  6. Coulmbai

Coulmbai Industrial Terraformer

So is there gonna be a way to make your own quests?

7. Ammonite

I wouldn't know how to do that without disturbing the game environment, since you'd have to select rewards and (eg) place monsters to be slain. How do you make sure people won't abuse that feature?
    I never played it, but in this Neverwinter mmo there seems to be such a feature, but still, after you're done your quests have to be approved of by the team (i believe).

8. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

Thanks for all the pics Tiy! :koala:

9. Lincantor

Lincantor Master Chief

It would be awesome if early wooden weapons had like termites running through it that would make me laugh

Sitanel and xboy777 like this.
  10. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Today I'll only say 2 words: AWE-SOME :):):)

11. seevenup

seevenup Contact!

Are u kidding? In my opinion the fallowing statmens tells us, that they are doing the final stuff. like putting all together. this can just mean that the beta cant be soo far away. because this step u usually do, when u are finishing programming / designing :D

12. Thanks for making the character appear bigger in the inventory screen, it looks much much better now.
    The quest log looks nice too, I'm not going to comment on the in-game snowy planet screenshot because we can all agree it's beyond awesome !
    Damn, more tech ? Can't wait to discover all of that in-game :)

Ammonite likes this.
  13. Teih

Teih Sandwich Man

In all honesty the pink trees in the background are alittle unpleasant to look at.

They're too blurry and in my opinion need a more defined shape (I think?). I guess I don't know exactly why, but my eyes have a difficult time focusing when looking at'em, and i'm pretty sure I'd eventualy get nauseous from it.

Anyone else get this?

Ammonite likes this.
  14. Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice to read about such progress, don't forget to take a break once in while :up:

15. oblivion5683

oblivion5683 Big Damn Hero

nice update! finally looks like the game is shaping up into something youll be able to play without comands, and have fun.

16. Domek97

Domek97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Starbound, now I find out about Cube World? I'm set!

17. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

awesome update

18. Ammonite

I know what you mean, your eyes try to make out the border between white and pink, yet both colours are very bright so you have to concentrate all the time not to get confused by the background.

19. Sheerhatred

Sheerhatred Star Wrangler

I would prefer that those trees doesn't have that blur, but it really isn't a problem for my eyes though :/

Anyway, if that's just an example and there is actually no "Secret of the Avian Troll Master" quest, i will be really disappointed.

20. EarthlyOdin

EarthlyOdin Phantasmal Quasar

Does this mean chest will be different per planet like monsters or will there be a common design based on the races that were or are on the planet?