11 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 12, 2013.

1. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

*whistles in admiration* I see they've got a solid salt-proof gasket around the dome there. That, my friend, is obviously designed to be filled with brackish water in consideration of a Hylotl pilot. Yessir, I personally look forward to providing defensive firepower for ongoing Hylotl Galactic Dominion (HGD) deep space trade missions while perched atop my very own Wheeled-Death (it's what we're calling this model from now on, deal with it). Truly the HGD will create a great and prosperous Hylotl empire that will stretch across unnumbered galactic super-clusters!

I look forward to the day when, traveling at maximum warp, one will be unable to cross the great-and-prosperous-Hylotl-empire in a single standard galactic cycle! That will be the day!

Frodew, Shadowbolt and tassina like this.
  2. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

The point of beta in today's world is "early access" where they give you a bug-laden game which crashes every few minutes and you hate it and you want them to fix it and why did I buy this stupid game anyway?
    Chucklefish, however, is doing an honest to goodness beta.. where we, the testers, will find bugs that they may have missed out. The bulk of you seem to be letting your impatience cloud your good sense. Don't do that, man. It'll come out when it does. :up:

3. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

The point of beta testing is to find bugs the devs didn't find, so they can fix them before release.

Being lazy and not finding any, or not fixing any, prior to beta is counter-productive. This team is taking pride in their work, clearly, and I can't help but respect that.

...Even if I am biting my nails and chomping at the bit to get the download. :)

-Sevi

4. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thanks for the update.

5. Ribuster

Ribuster Big Damn Hero

Do you think we could get a Roadmap update? PLEASE..:up:

6. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Excellent point, sir.

The 'bugs' that a beta is meant to fix are not in the variety of "AUUUUGH, THIS IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS WHY IS THIS NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!?". They are in the category of "Oh wow, so if my character is at 5% hunger and is standing on one leg while rubbing his tummy in the lava biome, the game freezes up" category. It's stuff that is situational, not glaring. There will be plenty of bugs that get fixed in beta. Worry you not, my wee tots!

Silican Beat likes this.
  7. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Nice additions.

8. isaiahkingwhat

isaiahkingwhat Intergalactic Tourist

That's Actually Pretty Cool I Assume That This Game Will Get Mentioned By The New-York-Times!!!Awesome!:virorb: