1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

10th August Biomes (screencaps)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sower, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just amazing , this is not a game this is art

Greatblackshark and Diagnosan like this.
  2. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

The number of planets =/= number of biomes, and I still have my doubts about that thread's existence haha. I will digress when I see it, though.

3. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

here you go

4. OzzytheFist

Very nice.

My parting words; that post is not about biomes. It's about potentially generated planets. It's also some pretty sketchy math, but I won't dive my nose into that debate.

As I said, I will digress. That is definitely an official post claiming that (with mods) there is a possible "77.88 decillion" possible planetary bodies.

5. TheLoanArranger

Right, right. I was just showing you that it did exist if you were interested.

OzzytheFist likes this.
  6. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I counted about 33 different biomes. Also I noticed that some of the biomes have several different color variations.
    Forest
    Ocean
    Ice Mountains
    Volcanic
    Tropical
    Glaciers
    Desert
    Massive Growth
    Lava
    Mount Fuji
    Ice Mountains 2?
    Grassy Hills
    Mountains
    Moon
    Another Ice Mountains
    Plains
    Canyons
    Rocky Brown Place
    Purple Forest
    Ridge
    Sahara
    Light Blue Mountains
    Mars
    Crystal Mountain Forest
    Brains
    Mountains
    Fields
    Rock Formation
    High Elevation
    Big Brother
    Red Fields
    Mountain Tops

7. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Thanks for doing all of this! This is great!

So, uh, does anyone else think that the brain biome doesn't make any sense and is kind of dumb?

8. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

meh, i liked it. a lot of people wanted fleshy like biome and eyeballs/brains seem like a happy medium. it also adds that "woah, that's so..alien" feel to the game, humans are used to snow and desserts but we have yet to ever see trees with friggin brains. in my opinion, it's a good kind of weird and gross biome that kinda fits into the game.

9. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Well, you do have a point. :) Ha I'll give it a chance. Does anyone remember one of the last levels from the first Tomb Raider game, where the walls and flesh were twitching muscle? THAT would be a crazy and creepy biome. Haha.

10. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

or like silent hill when the walls go all fleshy and twitchy?! ahh. gross~ maybe for the lower levels of the world.

natelovesyou likes this.
  11. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Thank you for breaking down the video into individual screen shots. Gives me more of a chance to see what I do and don't like (>.> might purge what I don't like)

But I think this one might be my home planet unless something better catches my eye
    http://imgur.com/a/pzBpB#47

natelovesyou likes this.
  12. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

99.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot. including this one

natelovesyou likes this.
  13. TheLoanArranger

I wonder if this has ever actually been studied.

14. OzzytheFist

78% of scientists agree.

natelovesyou likes this.
  15. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

Well the number of planets kinda DOES = the number of biomes, seeing as each planet is a...biome. Jungle planet, ice planet, etc. aha

16. OzzytheFist

A planet has a biome. A planet is not a biome.

17. Ben Jinx

Ben Jinx Master Chief

I love the biomes. It makes looking for the perfect homeworld that much more fun.

Sower and Diagnosan like this.
  18. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

You know what i mean. Te number of biomes is = to the number of planets. Fuck proper English, this is the internet.

Dis likes this.
  19. Baconkid

Baconkid Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks a lot for this, really appreciated.

20. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

I wish to see something like this biome in the game (Source):

[​IMG]

Snowy, cold, desolate, barren badlands. 50% Cowboyish, 50% Nordic, 100% Badass. Nothing quite spells out "no freebies here, you will have to fight for anything and everything on this God-forsaken piece of rock", as much as this.

Dis likes this.