1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Wild Things 0.0.8c (Spirited Giraffe)

Become a Survivalist! Setup camp and hunt and gather from new animals and plants plus more!

1. Wild Things - #0.0.8c - HOTFIX

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.8c - HOTFIX

The hotfixes are released to resolve specific major issues that are caught these are typically game breaking and will cause a crash. Hotfix is like a emergency band aid these are never intended released and will not contain many changes. Many thanks to @ForgivenStar and @Incredipede!

Major Bugs Squashed
    Spot a bug while playing the latest version?...
  2. Smoothing out the Gameplay

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.8b
    This update will start out as bug hunt but depending on the amount of issues found will decide the fate of this version. So this could turn into version #0.0.9 or if there's lots to fix up it will be version #0.0.8b

I continue to prepare the Wild Things Wikia during this update. If anyone would like to help contribute to the wikia shoot me a message on the forums about questions you...
    ThaOneDon likes this.
  3. Another Round of Bug Squashing!

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.8a

As part of my new goal in releasing updates is to come back and releases fixes and fine tune or tweak things previously released in a major version. So version #0.0.8 would be considered the major version and the fix’s for it come after and this process will now continue on to keep gameplay smooth as it's easy to go nuts adding new things without the right connections.

I also spent some time during this...
    DeffreyJahmer likes this.
  4. Wild Things - #0.0.8 - Hunters & Gatherers Unite

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.8 - Hunters & Gatherers Unite

There was so much changed and added this update it should be considered a major update but technically to me its not! I have created a new loot framework system for future creation of hunter weapons and I added two new hunter weapons to mess with and see how things will play out. One major set back this update is the fact that all these new loot changes mean wacky loot drops for some things. I will be tweaking these...
    Preacher and Evor like this.
  5. Wild Things - #0.0.7a - Gameplay Update

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.7a - Gameplay Update

• Fixed PGI issue on Survivalist Table from version #0.0.7 and a major crash due to a typo on a comment in spawner file, I am so sorry I let the release slip out without trying to run it before uploading!

• Removed holiday Wild Things from spawning on specific set biomes.
    • All wild things (monsters), and certain objects like maple trees and saplings were broken, this has been fully resolved....
    Ciora80 and ThaOneDon like this.
  6. Wild Things - #0.0.6d - HOTFIX

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.6d - HOTFIX
    • Fixed a few recipes left out some such as medkit, bandage, nanowrap.
    • Corrected flare recipe.
    • Bow, and Iron Bow recipe have also been corrected.
    • I have added a new more obvious connection for creating the simple snare. You will receive the quest as soon as you get your Survivalist Table.
    • Leather scraps was learned by picking leather scraps up. This was not intended, when you loot a rotting carcass you learn how to...
  7. All known Bugs Squashed! New way to become a Survivalist..

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.6c
    • To unlock the recipe and quest for Survivalist Table create a torch, or a campfire.
    • Crafting bandages, climbing rope, flare, and torch was not showing up in the original crafting categories Starbound assigned. This was not intended and has been fixed for each item mentioned.
    • Removed the S.A.I.L. AI Command "Become a Survivalist" due to the new changes being prepared for the next major update, Back from Space.
    • To craft a wooden...
    Corraidhín likes this.
  8. from unstable to stable.. #0.0.6b

Armed Mosquito
    • Fixed issues with monsters missing new pathing code parameters.
    • Changed. some text for "Becoming a Survivalist" from the ai panel messages.
    • Removed holiday drops.
    • Tested working on stable Beta v. Spirited Giraffe - Update 5 from 08 May 2015

This was a minor update as I am just returning to the game and getting caught up on this project again. Hope you enjoy sorry it was kept offline for so long!

Recommended you download "Questlog" mod I made it will help with...
    DeffreyJahmer, Preacher and ThaOneDon like this.
  9. Improvement Update, Plus More

Armed Mosquito
    Wild Things - #0.0.6
    • Rhino treasure pool added.
    • Rudolf, Rhino, and Brown Bear carcass can now be quartered down with the Field Jointing Kit.
    • Gingerbreadman and Wild Things Gift Box monsters had their health increased.
    • Gingerbreadman is now much smaller.
    • Questlog has been updated and included in this pack.
    • Baited, and unbaited Spring Snare has...
  10. Hotfix for #0.0.5

Armed Mosquito
    Keep in mind a hot fix is intended to just fix the issues breaking the mod. I just want to explain how I will roll out hot fix's from now on.

Normal Release: #0.0.5
    Hot Fix Version: a
    Together its version #0.0.5a

It will follow the alphabet for any needed hot fix's that are added. New versions will not have a letter after them. So for instance update #0.0.6 will be released just like that if a hot fix is needed we start with a so it would be #0.0.6a and if...