1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Weapons Of Star Wars 1.5

Adds Craftable Lightsabers, Blasters and a Star Wars Weapon Crafting Table

1. srecinto
    You all knew it had to come and some of you have already created some weapons / items or are in the process of it. This mod brings weapons and items from a galaxy far far away and right to the comfort of your own star ship... or base... or campsite... you get the gist.

screenshot1.png screenshot2.png screenshot4.png

(alt download area)
    There is a strange issue where I am no longer able to upload an update there so it is probably best to use the external link for now

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/309

What it Currently Includes:
    • 1 Crafting table that will do all the building of your Star Wars goodies
    • 7 Blaster pistols and 1 blaster rifle... more to come
    • Padawan Lightsabers your father always wanted you to have... more to come
    How to Use the mod
    • You can craft the "StawWars Weapons Crafting Table" using the anvil (recipe is in the description)
    • Place the "StawWars Weapons Crafting Table" then use it to craft your items.
    • Enjoy!!!
    Features:
    • A bunch of blaster pistols
    • A 2 handed E-11 Blaster Rifle
    • Blasters can be dual wield (single handed pistols)
    • Blaster laser emits low red or green light
    • Single Handed lightsabers (black, blue, green, orange, purple, red, yellow)
    • Single handed Lightsabers can be dual wield
    • Lightsabers emits light that match color
    • All your favorite Star Wars sound effects for the weapons
    Future plans:
    • Add more recipes for more colors DONE!
    • Add higher tier weapons to scale well DONE!
    • Fix some of the balance of the weapons DONE!
    • Fix so that Lightsaber makes the proper hit noise DONE!
    • Fix "Lightsabre" spelling *DOH* DONE!
    • Add more blasters DONE but still more to come!
    • Add 2 handed Lightsaber that can also block for its alt (i hope) DONE but still working on Block if possible
    • Add Mine-able gems for crafting different colored light sabers and blasters DONE (for lightsabers... I'll figure an alternate for blasters)
    • Add Force Crystal Caves so players can mine crystals
    • Fix so that Lightsaber emits hum when equiped
    • Add more 2 handed heavy blasters

We need your help!!!
    Clearly my skills are NOT in the art department so if any of you ladies or fellas out there want to fix my crappy sprites, please do so and send them my way (PM me first) I'll credit the images to you and link back to you as well

Current art assets we need fixed:
    • Crafting table is just a reskin of the robot table... need to make this more Starwars looking
    • I dont like my lightsabers... help make it look better
    • I think the blasters are uglier then Jabba with an Elvis wig on... help me fix them... you're my only hope

Also feel free to add your own weapons to this mod and I can either add it in and credit you OR you can make your mod dependent on this and just add this grouping to you item

"groups" : [ "boz_weaponsofstarwarscraftingtable" ]

GOOD COMBOS
    Combine this mod with my Logan's Patch and Strong Copper Pickaxe mod for an awesome exploration combo (healing factor and fast digging plus lightsabre to light the way and protect against monsters

screenshot3.png

Credits:
    I used other peoples mods or found solutions out in the forums so I must give credit where credit is due:

Blaster reference mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/aer9-laser-rifle.383/

Lighting to lightsabers
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/adding-lighting-effects-to-weapons.49802/

Starwars Crafting Table help
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/robotic-metalworking-station.183/

Brought to you by your average everyday dev at Box O Zombies (www.boxozombies.com)

Installation:
    Unzip your "boz_weaponsofstarwars.zip" into the "mods" folder (per beta Update v. Offended Koala)

usually a place like this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

OH and don't forget to rate this mod, Thank you!

Enjoy :)

Recent Reviews

1. troni
    troni
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    loven it
  2. DeVoid_Chaos
    DeVoid_Chaos
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    This is an awesome Star Wars mod, plus I think its the only one for Upbeat Giraffe
    1. srecinto
      Author's Response
      Awesome! Thanks man! I would do the armor but I really suck at graphics
  3. hamza0
    hamza0
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Nice Work There i Like Star wars and Many others Keep Up The good work
    1. srecinto
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I just updated for Upbeat Girafe
  4. DrunkCrayon
    DrunkCrayon
    2/5,
    Version: 1.3 (Angry Koala)
    I love the concept and have seen people online with the lightsaber's but I just can't seem to find this starwars crafting table you speak of I really want to give this a better score as it sounds and looks awesome but without any proof of my own I have to give it a 2 star plus it's not up to the latest kola.
    1. srecinto
      Author's Response
      I have made some updates :) go ahead an try again and please re-rate if you like it
  5. xXN14gXx
    xXN14gXx
    5/5,
    This an Awesome Mod! :D
  6. Layan
    Layan
    5/5,
    Well I LOVE Lightsabres... good job !!!
  7. arrjaytea
    arrjaytea
    5/5,
    I should have reviewed this earlier, but srecinto's work here is top notch. Looking forward to working together between the armor and weapons mods (just as soon as I find the free time to actually commit!).

Just another great start, tons of potential, and I'm going to be thrilled to follow this.
    1. srecinto
      Author's Response
      Thanks Arrjaytea :) I already integrated your update you sent me for the crafting table
  8. Horstj
    Horstj
    5/5,
    Absolutely great!
    Nothing beats runnig all the way around a planet and farm pixels with a lightsaber.
  9. peter1596352
    peter1596352
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.5 (Angry Koala)
    GOOD i love SW
  10. Afflicted One
    Afflicted One
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.2 (Angry Koala)
    This mod has great potential, I recommend it for any star wars fan.

I look forwards to the future this mod holds.