1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Varan Race 0.2.5 (Disgruntled Lizard) 0.2.5

Reptilian Race Mod

1. Neawx
    Mirror in case of broken download.
    Release! Version 0.2.5 (Disgruntled Lizard)

- Compatibility with Enraged Koala latest stable version.
    - Minibiome, Glitch and hoard object descriptions completed.
    - New object descriptions for added heck and agaran objects.
    - Fixed __merges for some object descriptions and NPCs for better compability.
    - New NPC dialogue added and tweaks to enable spawning of Varan tool, doctor etc. NPCs through their respective spawners.
    - Food merchants now sell dirturchins. This is a temporary fix to enable the player to get more should their seeds be lost until the __merge for the edited desert.biome can be enabled.
    - Added a Varan statue in the sandstone minibiome to go with the other races.
    - Compatibility with Racial Crossover Mod.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To install, extract contents to /starbound/mods folder.
    Due credit to Holgast, Jenohart, Kraiten, and Neawx.

For discussion or questions, please refer to this thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/meet-the-varans-reptilian-race-mod.47755/
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Killjoyzone
    Killjoyzone
    3/5,
    Version: 0.2.5
    I put three stars only because, well the species does look nice, the mod is not compatible with the latest version of Starbound, if you do update it (please do) then I'll feel like it is worth it to put five stars into this mod.

Just gonna say again tho, I think this species could be really cool to play as.
  2. Gunnbjorn99
    Gunnbjorn99
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.5
    Please give are dino's tails we feel naked without them and more starting cloths other then that exellent
  3. telles0808
    telles0808
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    So cool! Now we have the family dinosaur!
  4. Shadewarp
    Shadewarp
    5/5,
    Greys support this mod! Collaborating with Varans to create NPC responses! A lot of fun!
  5. Aidan
    Aidan
    5/5,
    Cool race ! works perfectly and works well with many other custom races.
  6. aeoraz
    aeoraz
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Simply wicked i love it i do wish it had a tail and more clothing but aside from that i give this an A++ definitely worth downloading
  7. kanon121
    kanon121
    5/5,
    After just 10 minutes playing with this mod installed, I really like where it is heading. I'm definitely going to watch this thread and can't wait for the next tiers to come out. Keep up the good work!
  8. Ryuusei
    Ryuusei
    5/5,
    Having been completely stoked for this race since I first spotted out the WIP thread, I'm rather glad to finally see an initial release. The current horn styles are simply fantastic if a bit small in number but even then, they're rather varied. A nice touch in my opinion is with the right personality type the Varan have this oddly cool arrogant or perhaps prideful gait to them. Hopefully we'll see a few more additions to the current set of horns but as it stands, I'm pretty satisfied.

Now, the ship is really cool in my opinion but perhaps the thing that really made me smile and stood out the most was some of the references within the Varan's name generator. Some of the names really brought me back to when I first read Dune. All in all, I'm incredibly eager to see this mod develop further and of course many thanks to the modders for creating the Varan in the first place.
    1. Neawx
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much for the kind words. Hopefully more Horn/Hairstyle will be coming with the 0.2 Update. We'll be rolling out the updates by tier completed, so the wait shouldn't be too long.

Thanks for downloading the mod!