1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated DragonBound 2.4

Dragons and other stuff from the How To Train Your Dragon franchise.

1. Deader
    Logo.png
    WARNING: THIS VERSION DOES NOT WORK WITH THE LAST STARBOUND UPDATE.
    WARNING: In the current version Night Fury, Deadly Nadder and Whispering Death are different from other dragons, because they use the new dragon physics. I will update other dragons to it later.
    WARNING: Uninstall previous version of the mod before updating to a newer one.
    This mod adds rideable, flyable and fire-breathing dragons, their wild tameable analogs, armor, weapon and other stuff from DreamWorks's franchise "How To Train Your Dragon".

HOW TO GET RIDEABLE DRAGONS:
    1-Craft a Viking workbench in the default crafting menu (wrench icon in the top right corner of the screen)
    2-Craft a dragon saddle at it.
    3-Finish the quest it will give you.
    4-All your dragons are now available in the AI's tech menu.
    HOW TO SPAWN WILD DRAGONS:
    1-Craft an Advanced Viking workbench.
    2-Craft a spawner at it.
    3-Throw it.

4-You may fight or tame a dragon that will be spawned.
    All mod's stuff can be crafted at the Viking Workbench/Advanced Viking workbench.

How to ride the new physics dragons: Press "SPACEBAR" to speed up to your cursor's direction or take off. "W" and "S" to change flight speed. "H" to open emotions list, "W" and "S" to select emotions and "H" to play it. "G" to enter an alpha mode or throw spikes. "F" to spawn/despawn dragon. "LMB" - plasma blast. "RMB" - melee attack. "LeftSHIFT" to run.

How to ride the old physics dragons: select any dragon tech and press "F" - if you have enough room around you, a dragon will teleport to you.
    Controls: "F" - spawn/despawn a dragon; "Spacebar" - fly up; "A" - fly/walk to the left; "D" - fly/walk to the right; "W" and "S" - ability toggle keys; LMB - primary fire, RMB - melee attack.

Fire breath and abilities have cooldown time.

Dragons and other things included in the mod:
    Night Fury, Skrill, Stormcutter, Deadly Nadder, Monstrous Nightmare, Gronckle, Hideous Zippleback, Whispering Death, Terrible Terror, Wingsuit armor, Valka's armor, Dragon Blade, Valka's staff, Gronckle iron shield, Valka's shield, Hiccup's helmet, 20 various viking helmets, Viking workbench.

Please, report any bugs on the discussion page.
    (not in the reviews section)

Known bugs:
    -Projectile spawn point is incorrect when you are sitting on a dragon, so your gun's bullets, flashlight's light and particles will spawn in incorrect position. I tried to fix it, but it caused even more problems.
    If anybody know the normal way to solve this problem - please tell me about it.

Future plans:
    -Update 5 remaining dragons to the new physics.

-Improve some animations.
    -Add more dragons.
    -Add more wild dragons.
    -Add Berk island and Red Death fight missions.

I do not own dragon characters and other mod items. All rights for them belong to the DreamWorks company.

SCREENSHOTS:
    NFP1.png NFP2.png Toothless.png NFTeleportation.png AlphaToothlessGlow.png TamedNightFury.png Gear.png Valka.png Stormfly.png DNTeleportation.png Cloudjumper.png Skrill.png Hookfang.png WildMN.png Meatlug.png Barf&Belch.png WhisperingDeath.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Just an update #2
  2. Just an update.
  3. New dragon physics test.

Recent Reviews

1. nagaguy
    nagaguy
    3/5,
    Version: 2.4
    i try using the mod but insted i get fatal exception caught: (starexception) could not create blueprint item from recipe caused by: (item exception) no such item 'generedshield'
  2. |BerZerkZek|
    |BerZerkZek|
    1/5,
    i can't spawn dragons
    why?
    1. Deader
      Author's Response
      Everything works fine, I have just checked it. You are either playing the old/nightly version of Starbound or you have installed the mod incorrectly/doing something wrong.
  3. volnues
    volnues
    3/5,
    Whilst I think you've done a great job I have one complaint I think you could've worked a bit on the players position on the dragon it wouldn't be hard to change it or make a custom one, Otherwise great job :)
    1. Deader
      Author's Response
      If you mean incorrect player's projectile and particle spawn point - that would be problematic, because I still found no optimal way to fix it. The only two solutions are: 1 - I can remove the ability to use items while sitting on the dragon. 2 - I can fix it in exchange for stucking in walls when you are changing dirrections near them. If you know an appropriate way to fix it - please let me know.
  4. Johny5134234
    Johny5134234
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2a
    wow this is amazing, I'm a how to train your dragon fan and I think it would be awesome if you could fight the Red Death and once you have defeated it you get to tame and ride it
    1. Deader
      Author's Response
      Red Death was already in the mod before the Upbeat Giraffe update. I plan to re-add it in a boss fight mission later.
  5. jonathonspy
    jonathonspy
    5/5,
    Very nice,
    although, is it possible to make it so that the whispering death can dog down and diagonally?
    1. Deader
      Author's Response
      It is possible and I will try to implement it. The only problem with it is the Whispering Death's long tail - it won't behave as it should.
  6. cozie306
    cozie306
    5/5,
    this is really good, a little over powered at times but good. the only thing is some of them are kinda big but i guess those dragons are big dragons so its fine. hope you add more dragons soon
  7. neon_xeon
    neon_xeon
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.0a
    Very nicely done the animations are good but they can improve

The armors could use some art as well but overall content wise 9/10
  8. ahmad_amjad3
    ahmad_amjad3
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.0a
    Good mod actually.But can you remove the intro/loading Gif you make?its a bit annoying because your dragon's art deosnt Perfect yet.so i prefer looking at the walking penguin..can you remove it?or if it can be deleted manually.just tell me which file i have to delete to remove dat loading thing :D
    1. Deader
      Author's Response
      Of course you can remove it. Just delete the cinematics folder in the DragonBound folder. By the way I planned to remove it anyways, because it is not the only fast way to see if the mod is installed now and it only causes incompatibilities with the other loading screen-changing mods.
  9. troni
    troni
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.1a
    the wife and i love it
  10. magetartking
    magetartking
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.1a
    awesome mod seems promising
    :)