1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Tiered Craftable Beds 0.2

Improved beds with scaling healing for tiers that can be disguised as another bed!

1. Hexicube
    CURRENTLY BROKE UNTIL I WORK OUT MERGING

Currently it's very work in progress but here's what I have so far to show for it (V0.2):
    • Custom crafting area just for making beds, obtained the same way as a regular crafting table
    • 46 of the 100 beds (all T1-T4 heal rate beds and all T1 appearance beds)
    • All recipes for beds are added upon collecting the custom craft table (this is future-proofed by actually adding all 100 despite most not being there)
    • A 10 tier system:
      • Tiers range from iron(1) to impervium(10), including all other bars between them
      • A bed has 2 associated tiers, appearance and heal rate
      • A bed costs 10 ingots to be created, 2 for appearance 8 for heal rate
    • Appearance (disguise) has NO effect on the bed's heal rate, and never will
    • A custom GUI for the custom craft table to allow filtering by bed heal rate tier
      • Removed search due to the limited space and lack of need for it
      • Custom category buttons at the bottom of the GUI
      • Removed the pixel icon from items in the list
      • Removed the large wrench BG thingy
    • Bed descriptions will include their heal rate (for reference: most default beds would be 2, and 5 for interrogation table)
    • Bed categories are changed in the tool-tip for them to distinguish them further

I could use some balancing feedback, currently the beds scale from 2.5x normal bed (T1) to 50x (T10) and I haven't examined how this looks in-game due to a lack of resources and patience. The scaling of strength is slightly logarithmic to match the health scaling, it goes like this: [5, 6.5, 8, 12, 17.5, 27.5, 40, 55, 75, 100]

Recent Updates

1. Updated to V0.2