starcheat 0.14 (Enraged Koala)

Starbound player save/character editor

1. wizzomafizzo
    starcheat is a tool for editing Starbound player save files. It works on Windows, Linux and Mac.

Check out starcheat.org for guides on using starcheat and example items to import!

screenshot.png

Thanks to Nintendude64 for the Mod DB icon!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Modded race hotfix
  2. Player preview rendering! Delete player button!! TECHS!!!!
  3. modpak support!

Recent Reviews

1. gatosardina
    gatosardina
    5/5,
    Version: 0.14 (Enraged Koala)
    Everything's fine now
    back to 10/10
  2. gatosardina
    gatosardina
    3/5,
    Version: 0.13 (Enraged Koala)
    it's really useful and quick, but since the last update i have problems opening a modded race file, specifically an avali
    1. wizzomafizzo
      Author's Response
      Fixed in latest release :)
  3. Speed Lightning
    Speed Lightning
    4/5,
    This program is actually extremely helpful when it comes to aesthetic modification of various things, such as, on a side note, my red impervium hammer named Timmy the Gentle. There are two small Glitches that I noticed, however.

--I noticed that the program's player preview window had rendered me only with my underwear, instead of with all of my clothing on, and that both those and my hair were miscolored.
    --After saving changes to my profile or my items, my health was reduced to 100, the default, despite the fact that I was wearing impervium that should cause my health to be at 500 instead.
    1. wizzomafizzo
      Author's Response
      Hi. Thanks for your feedback. Both issues are known already but I'll just quick explain. Support for armour, faces/beards and recoloring is still in the works so that's why you only see the undies render. Second issue is because starcheat currently only takes into account your base health, not any extra stats from items. First issue has higher priority but both will eventually be supported.
  4. N1NJ4ftw
    N1NJ4ftw
    5/5,
    Sweet I been waiting for the live rendering of the characters
  5. Ncsatn
    Ncsatn
    5/5,
    Version: 0.12 (Enraged Koala)
    Works just fine. Been using this quite while now.
  6. ki11erryan
    ki11erryan
    3/5,
    I am having problems here, I am unable to get any of my characters, it keeps on saying: No Compatable save files in /player\player, what do?
    1. wizzomafizzo
      Author's Response
      Hi. It looks like the Starbound folder is set wrong. Can you please run through this link and post in the discussion thread if you're still having problems: http://starcheat.org/help
  7. 19nuclear91
    19nuclear91
    5/5,
    Nice Tool
  8. phytophile
    phytophile
    5/5,
    Such an excellent program. My only personal issue is that, when changing a characters appearance, the color changes do not register/have no way to be previewed. My character's colors also do not display accurately when loading the .player file. The ability to re-color items without needing to understand the extremely complex colorOptions attribute would also be unspeakably useful. Already a 5-star program, but would be pretty much literally perfect if those features were amended :)
  9. TesserakT
    TesserakT
    5/5,
    This has been absolutely paramount in testing the hairstyles I've been developing. Being able to alter the appearance of my char without creating a thousand saves is worth the 5 stars. Being able to raise my stats to my liking just adds to the awesome. Good work.
  10. Stardood_of_the_Z_Sector
    Stardood_of_the_Z_Sector
    5/5,
    Version: 0.11 (Enraged Koala)
    This deserves the 5 stars it got. Looking for a single item which almost never shows up now is easier and takes less than 20 billion light years to show up. I only used it for the vanity items cause that's how I roll.