1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out Bartwe's installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.

Starbound Mod Manager 2.0.1

A cross-platform mod manager that also merges conflicting mods for compatability automatically.

1. KrazyTheFox
    Development is currently on hold.
    That said, the current version is very functional. I'll be returning to development early-mid August when life calms down a bit.

What's New:

Bug fixes for .7z/.rar/.pak/.modpak files in 2.0.2.

What's Next:
    Many improvements to version 2.x.x, including:
    • More themes and theme changing
    • Save data backups, including backups of mods used per save
    • Translations into other languages (German and Spanish are hopefully coming soon—contact me via PM if you want to translate the program into another language)
    • Preview image support (hopefully). This unfortunately didn't make it into the initial release due to technical constraints. There's an update coming for Java and JavaFX in the next week, so with any luck, this will be possible.

sbmm2.png

sbmm1.png sbmm3.png
    Features:
    • Mods in a central location: All your mods will be in one folder.
    • Automatic mod merging: If two mods have conflicts, the mod manager will do its best to merge them and keep the best of both worlds. Works nearly every time!
    • Automatic installation: Moves the folders to the right places and in the right order for you.
    • Add new mods from the program itself. All files are copied and indexed for you automatically. You can drag and drop mods or click the "Add Mods" button!
    • The mod load order will prioritize mods in conflict resolution so that the most important ones take priority.
    • Cross-platform: Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    • Support for nearly every mod!
    • Loads mods as .zip, .rar, .7z, or any kind of .pak file!
    • Language support: When translations are complete, the mod manager will allow you to switch between languages effortlessly, and without restarting the program!
    • Theme support: When new themes are created, the entire look and feel of the program can be changed without restarting it!

How to Use:
    Extract all the .zip file's contents to a directory of your choice. Run the mod manager file and follow the prompts to get yourself set up.

To add mods, click the "Add New Mod" button or drag and drop your downloaded mods right onto the mod manager.

How to Make Your Mods Compatible:

Making mods work with this mod manager is a piece of cake:

First, create a folder and call it whatever you want. Generally, this is better without spaces.

Second, inside that folder create a file called "<foldername>.modinfo", then open it up in a text editor.

Inside that file, write the following, but fill out the information for your mod instead of my example:
    Code:
    {
      "name" : "testmod",
      "path" : ".",
      "dependencies" : [ "requiredmod1", "requiredmodtwo" ],
      "metadata" : {
        "displayName" : "A Test Mod",
        "author" : "Some Krazy Guy",
        "description" : "This is another test mod. Use it wisely.",
        "support_url" : "forum-link",
        "version" : "1.0"
      }
    }
    Next, copy all the files and folders (or create them) for your mods' assets and put them in that directory. If you want to use a folder to organize them instead of having all your files in the root directory, change the "path" line to:
    Code:
      "path" : "assetsfolder",
    Finally, package your mod into a .zip file, with the .modinfo at the top level.

Now all you have to do is distribute your mod as you usually would. The mod manager will automatically handle conflict merging without your input, so that's no extra work for you!

This is just a basic guide to creating a mod and the Modding Help forum is far better suited to describe the latest ways to do it.

Other Sites:
    Starbound Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/64/?
    GitHub Repository: https://github.com/KrazyTheFox/Starbound-Mod-Manager

Need Help? Found a bug? Want a feature?
    Head on over to the discussions tab and let me know what you need/like/want and I'll work to get it fixed/added!

Redistribution:
    I'd like to have one place for an up-to-date mod manager for ease of use, but if you fork/clone the repo, feel free to credit me (and any other contributors) and release your own version.

I accept pull requests if you'd like to help out. In fact, I encourage it!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    CC043, DanZelt, MorrisFinito and 29 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. CCCMistiq
    CCCMistiq
    4/5,
    Version: 2.0.1
    I really like this mod. As LadyKianna said it sometimes crashes or empty files show up in Starbound's Mod folder, but all you have to do is delete the empty files.

I'd love to give 5 stars if this project is picked up again.

So far the only mod (out of a personal list of 20 or so I picked out), the only one that wouldn't install was BEES!. I just installed that one on my own and everything seems to be working.

This program makes things a lot easier for me. :) Thanks for making this!
  2. LadyKianna
    LadyKianna
    3/5,
    Works alright, but sometimes crashes when installing/uninstalling mods. Also, sometimes the patch folder has empty files in it (0 bytes) and Starbound won't start while those exist.
    It's too bad development is on hold. I'd like to see this fixed.
    Other than that issue, I love this manager.
  3. Winterwing
    Winterwing
    5/5,
    Great
  4. mekilie
    mekilie
    1/5,
    Installed, followed directions precisely about five times. There's no bug support, no FAQ, nothing. Doesn't work on Mac despite there being an option to download to a mac. README file even doesn't include Mac instructions, just Win instructions.
    1. KrazyTheFox
      Author's Response
      1. Sorry it isn't working for you.
      2. There's bug support right here in this forum topic. I'd be glad to help you out.
      3. There's no FAQ because I've not had any particular questions asked frequently.
      4. There is Mac support and it is listed in the readme. You need to have Java 7 installed and configured properly (which is an oversight on my part and should be in the readme, too).
      5. I don't own a Mac (and they're way out of my budget) so I unfortunately can't create Mac specific builds since Apple locks down the ability to do that on other OS's. This also means that my ability to support the OS is extremely limited and I'm doing the best I can.
      6. If you post in the forum topic with extra details I can help you.
  5. GEEKTATOR
    GEEKTATOR
    5/5,
    <3
  6. uosmiley
    uosmiley
    5/5,
    Very handy for a novice mod user
  7. Gassy_Remnant
    Gassy_Remnant
    5/5,
    This mod has saved me so much time. I praise the person who made this.
  8. kidlonewolf
    kidlonewolf
    5/5,
    Very Great for people unsure of mods because it wont except garbage, even better if you understand how starbound mods work.
  9. djpone-awilddan
    djpone-awilddan
    5/5,
    Easy to use, extremely helpful to Starbound modding nubs like me :D
  10. sa1nt
    sa1nt
    4/5,
    It's great, just a little laggy sometimes (might be my machine).
    The only thing it's not good at is installing mods that need more then just putting them in the mod-directory (e.g. YSBC where you also need to merge the universe-folders)
    1. KrazyTheFox
      Author's Response
      Lag is something I'll be working on a lot when I get more time to code again. There's a lot of data being processed under the hood (which increases quite a bit with additional mods) and it can all probably be optimized a lot.