1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars 1.1.12b

Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars

1. Seru
    Seru
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1.11
    I love the mod. But you should make it so that you can melt down armor and get above half of what you used to craft it.
  2. hamsterpowerftw
    hamsterpowerftw
    4/5,
    nice mod dude but like the comment under me cuold u make tierd ones like stone iron.... it would fit better in my dreadnoht
  3. Ren
    Ren
    4/5,
    It's cool idea dude, but there could be more versions for each tier. I don't like stoney things on my goddamned spaceship!
  4. flameboy103
    flameboy103
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.10
    could i get permission to use this mod in a mod pack?
    1. Carl0sCheca
      Author's Response
      Yes, you can
  5. Dragunwulf
    Dragunwulf
    5/5,
    Excellent for getting rid of an over abundant stockpile of weapons
  6. Cbw19
    Cbw19
    5/5,
    This is perfect for when I get a ton of junk weapons and store them, and I can create room and profit! Very well balanced, great work!
  7. Israphial
    Israphial
    5/5,
    Works great! Doesn't cause any crashes or anything.

@Maker maybe you could make it compatible with Tabula Rasa so that those that want the Smelter immediately can get it?

I recommend this mod!
  8. DepressedNerd
    DepressedNerd
    5/5,
    I love it.
    But can you make a smaller refinery so that I can still put my metalwork station on it, like the old furnace?
  9. Ulyaoth Santek
    Ulyaoth Santek
    5/5,
    An very good mod, since I can't sell the weapons that I found and they are useless, now I can do something useful with than!
    Thnaks
  10. AlphaGodith
    AlphaGodith
    3/5,
    Version: 1.1.9
    Very useful mod, but I don't like that it requires a new object to smelt items. It would make plenty of sense and take up less space if you could just use the furnace or refinery.
  11. Mr.Lambertski
    Mr.Lambertski
    4/5,
    I like the concept of it, but I can't seem to craft the item. I have all the components you've listed, including Beta sector travel, but it doesn't even appear. Any suggestions?
  12. TinyTigers
    TinyTigers
    5/5,
    A very simple and sweet mod, and already feels vanilla. All I ask, and you were probably going to do this anyway, is allowing the smelting of higher sector weapons, or perhaps higher rarity, to yield steel, titanium, and then durasteel bars. Any small amount of those can really help shorten the boring ore collecting parts.
  13. oniya
    oniya
    5/5,
    was looking for it thanks a lot!
    i would like also to ask to create another item: armor upgrade - if i have not good (not powerful weapon for example, but which i pretty like - i just outgrown it, so i need just to upgrade it to new state (up damage of it - it can be upgraded for some procent or something else algorithm . If you can create it - it would be great mod!
    1. Carl0sCheca
      Author's Response
      I tried a few things to do that but nothing seems to work. I keep trying!
  14. SmaugTheDragon
    SmaugTheDragon
    5/5,
    A way to incinerate all the useless junk I hoard!
    +Add more stuff to burn!
  15. Ikoiko
    Ikoiko
    5/5,
    Now there is finally a use for all those weapons I keep throwing away. Thanks for the mod!
  16. Vash
    Vash
    5/5,
    Very useful, thanks!
  17. Agrahim
    Agrahim
    5/5,
    I can't get it to work.. I'm still fuzzy on what I am suppose to do to get it into the game files but it seems like it would be an excellent thing to have.
    1. Carl0sCheca
      Author's Response
      Put the folder smeltingmod into the mods and then in the game when you have the sector beta unlocked you can craft the Smelting Furnace in the metal work station
  18. Schiji
    Schiji
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.8
    Great, works fine for me!
  19. Ryuzekia
    Ryuzekia
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.8
    This fits right in! finally I have reason to collect all those extra garbage weapons instead of just skipping them or letting them clutter in chests.
  20. Axxps
    Axxps
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.7
    Exelent