1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars 1.1.12b

Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars

1. TheAwsome
    TheAwsome
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.12b
    This mod is a god send. Ever since I downloaded Frackin Universe I can never find any gold or silver. I mined a planet for over 1000 iron ore but only 1 gold ore. Thanks to this I got my needed silver from random pickaxes. Thank you!
  2. TackikalXereal
    TackikalXereal
    3/5,
    I'll give this three stars for some items, like durassteel , turning into iron
  3. lawferran
    lawferran
    5/5,
    seems way usefull
  4. Hilerf
    Hilerf
    5/5,
    Very very usefull mod. I have moar iron from swords :P
  5. Killane
    Killane
    5/5,
    I really like this mod, it's great for getting useful materials out of my outdated gear. I wish it had a more "sci-fi" look though, it clashes with my various end-game crafting stations.
  6. Panzermensch
    Panzermensch
    4/5,
    This mod seems like it would be quite useful, but I couldn't hep but notice that whenever I try to start a server with the mod installed, I notice it listing errors regarding not being able to load or locate assets for it and instead using placeholders. Any idea as to what's causing that?
  7. troni
    troni
    5/5,
    very useful
  8. firefinger
    firefinger
    5/5,
    Does What it Says on The Tin.
    I really feel like this (or something like it) should be in the base game.
  9. Zzepish
    Zzepish
    5/5,
    ty alot) very usefull mod
  10. FPSUsername
    FPSUsername
    4/5,
    Really cool, but does it work on multiplayer?
  11. uxlapogi
    uxlapogi
    5/5,
    Nice mod
  12. Dekadrachm
    Dekadrachm
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.12
    I like this mod, I really do, however it needs some work. A little polishing could make this a featured hit. The only things you really need to do is update your recipes to include all tiers of armor, after that just tweak it to include any metal blocks and finally for all the picky people make tired version on it so there is no stone items in someone's futuristic space ship. Keep up the good work, I think everyone will be expecting more.
  13. Zzepish
    Zzepish
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.12
    Fantastic
  14. OmniGeoff
    OmniGeoff
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.11
    I love this mod. Though I would like to see there be recipes for the various dungeon blocks you come across. Like the rusted metal blocks from the USCM prison into bars. That includes everything else from the prison/dungeons that are metal-based.
  15. D9sinc
    D9sinc
    3/5,
    It's a nice mod except I can't smelt anything besides above tier 2 weapons or even any armor :/ I have all these weapons from other races and tiers but I can't smelt them down to get back a bit of ingots (I don't need them but the weapons are taking up some space :/ I like the fact I can smelt down the tools though it's pretty cool.
  16. Davutduck
    Davutduck
    5/5,
    Thanks i was waiting for this to bringing back the steel bars ;)
  17. Sorrien
    Sorrien
    4/5,
    Great mod, but it would be infinitely more useful if I could use it to smelt down old armors. If you play singleplayer previous tiers of armor have absolutely no use to my knowledge.
  18. DraconX
    DraconX
    5/5,
    Very nice mod, allow you to get rid of trash items
  19. Utildayael
    Utildayael
    5/5,
    Very handy :)
  20. Dis_conected
    Dis_conected
    5/5,
    you mod was soo helpful during the beta sector any one that dose not have this mod is missing out i was wondering could i use this mod in a mod pack it will be an avali centered mod pack and your mod helps incredibly in obtaining the iron for the steel that is required for avali blocks that and helps clear ones inventory of junk weapons with the reward of extra iron :) thank you for your time :)
    1. Carl0sCheca
      Author's Response
      Yes, you can use it.