1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Reduced Respawn Cost 2014-05-11

Reduces pixel loss from respawning from 30% to 10% (instructions included to adjust to own need!)

1. Archer
    About
    Another simple but handy utility mod, uploaded it because I could not find it anywhere after searching for it and it seemed to bother some people.

Compatibility
    Will be compatible with any version of starbound* (previous and later) and any mod, because it merges with the configuration.

*Unless starbound drastically changes the folder data structure or the variable names

Installation instructions
    Just unzip the folder inside of the zip into your "mods" folder, do NOT throw the zip in the mods folder or it won't work.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MULTIPLAYER:
    Due to the nature of inventory management in Starbound, this mod will actually also work on multiplayer, so it can be seen as a cheat. If you don't want to cheat, just take it off when going online, if you don't mind... Well... Not my responsibility if you get into trouble for it on your favorite server, please be careful!

Customization
    You can easily tailor this mod to your own needs if 10% does not please you.

Just open up the file "player.config" in the mod's folder with a text editor like notepad, you will see:
    Code:
    {
    "__merge" : [],
      "reviveCost" : {
        "absolute" : 0,
        "percentile" : 10.0
      }
    }
    Absolute:
    Adjust the number behind "absolute": so it will always subtract x amount of pixels regardless of your pixel count (currently 0, by default it is 1)

Percentage:
    Adjust the number behind "percentile": to adjust the percentage that gets subtracted of your pixel count before death.

Formula (just for clarity so you understand what you are doing):
    y = x*a% - b
    x = pixels before death
    y = pixels after death
    a = number behind "percentile" (so a% is "a" divided by 100)
    b = number behind "absolute"

Be careful, don't touch anything else, just the numbers!!! Make sure to use dots for decimals (for the percentage for instance), and DON'T remove (or add) commas anywhere or your game will crash!

Some remarks:
    - Obviously... If you make it all 0, it means no pixel loss on death!
    - Note that if you make the numbers negative, you will lose all of your pixels.. So please don't do that. Thanks to Pixelguru26 for testing this out.
    - Also note that this is currently incompatible with the nightly builds.

That's all... Report if issues arise and let me know if this is a duplicate or not (I honestly searched a lot, could not find anything like it), have fun!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Gindew likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Fungelstein
    Fungelstein
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-05-11
    This is one helpful little mod. :D
  2. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    This is a very helpful mod. I especially like the 'user-modification friendly' approach. I do want to note (for all future testers) that setting A to a negative value just loses all your pixels :/
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      Thank you for testing this, I will add it to the main post ;)
  3. SuicidalKid
    SuicidalKid
    5/5,
    Nice, good for early game where you die often but you need 'lots' of pixels.
  4. TheBigBlueSerpent
    TheBigBlueSerpent
    5/5,
    This is great! :)
  5. Gindew
    Gindew
    5/5,
    This is a great Mod!
  6. Kast262
    Kast262
    5/5,
    Dude! I love it! It'll help me alot! Keep doing the good work! You're the man ;)