1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Random Gun Crafting Release V1.00

Create your own, randomly generated guns!

1. Chieron
    This is the early beta of my gun crafting mod. It currently has all the main types of guns, and all rarities that the game accepts. Along with this is the ability to craft the following gun types:
    • Assault Rifles
    • Plasma Assault Rifles
    • Pistols
    • Plasma Pistols
    • Machine Pistols
    • Plasma Machine Pistols
    • Shotguns
    • Plasma Shotguns
    • Sniper Rifles
    • Plasma Sniper Rifle
    • Uzis
    • Needlers
    • Rocket Launchers
    • Lightning Coils
    • Flamethrowers
    • Grenade Launchers
    These guns can be crafted from levels 1 through level 9, excepting some which only go to 6 or so, for some reason I've yet to find.

And because I'm silly, I forgot to include instructions on increasing the gun level.

In order to craft higher-level weapons, you use the same number of tokens as the level of gun you want. So level 5 would need 5 tokens, level 3 would need 3 tokens, etc.

If you have issues downloading from here, here are alternate links:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62319968/GunCraftingR100.rar

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/236/?

And many thanks to ejh1990 for figuring out the correct syntax for a difficult bit of essential code!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Caesar01
    Caesar01
    5/5,
    Version: Release V1.00
    Thanks a lot ! I love this mod! =)
  2. McFan
    McFan
    1/5,
    Useless mod... i cannot craft high level guns. I can only craft common guns and i cant even craft a needler...
  3. DividedByZero
    DividedByZero
    4/5,
    Starbound feels frustrating sometimes in how hard it is to find a sword or gun that fits your needs/desires, and often makes it hard to progress purely because you have to grind the game for a blacksmith or drops. Thankfully, this mod helps alleviate some of that frustration.

I'm only giving the mod a 4/5 for two reasons. Firstly, there's some small issues in the 3.10 Beta version (the flamethrower recipe references the wrong definition), and there's a small issue of balance.

I've personally fixed the Flamethrower definition problem myself, and prepackaged the files for people looking for a quick hotfix. You can open all the files in Notepad to check yourself if you want.

http://puu.sh/aFwFZ/57cb0e7803.7z

The second issue comes from balance, and by that I mean -ALL- the recipes use copper bars for tokens. Now that's not a problem for the different rarities of Assault Rifles, but it makes it interesting when a Tier 9 Pistol costs the same copper as a Tier 9 Grenade Launcher, costs the same copper as a Tier 9 Machine Pistol.

My suggestion is either a rebalancing of the amounts, or using different materials. An example, have Pistols still use Copper, perhaps Shotguns can use Iron, Machine Pistols could use Silver, ect. It would make the items feel harder to get to, instead of mining 180 copper ore and walking off an Alpha planet with a Tier 9 Pistol.
  4. ZeroTango
    ZeroTango
    3/5,
    Every token I use is giving me a little green box. Maybe im not doing something right.
    1. Chieron
      Author's Response
      Yeah, I've been trying to figure that out for a while now. I think some of the weapons don't have anything at certain levels, and I'm trying to either force them to, or eliminate them.
  5. Anfalas
    Anfalas
    5/5,
    I absolutely love this mod.
    Knowing that it's still in development, I'm happy to overlook a lot of things, such as how very easy it is to gain exceedingly powerful weapons early on in the game. That said, it does make me sad when I craft a weapon (sniper rifles, for instance) and can't actually fire them.

I look forward to many long hours with this mod! :)
  6. StrayDawg
    StrayDawg
    5/5,
    This mod is really, really good. The only problem I have is that the uncommon, rare, and legendary tokens don't show up for any weapon besides assault rifles. How do I fix this?
  7. lenzoo0100
    lenzoo0100
    5/5,
    Hey i LOVE this mod best so far, but there is a weird thing going on when i craft a rare crossbow token and then smelt it i get a perfectly generated item that looks like a 3D green box idk what to do?
    1. Chieron
      Author's Response
      Hi! Thanks for the compliment. But yeah, that's a known issue. As far as I can tell, they simply haven't added the rarity levels to some weapons. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep those from being used, without having to redo everything when they add the rarities.
  8. bluecar06
    bluecar06
    5/5,
    Mod works fine for me. Also, may I use this in an upcoming mod pack?
    1. Chieron
      Author's Response
      What kind of mod pack? Most likely yes, I just like to be sure of where my content is going. :P
  9. InevitableChoice
    InevitableChoice
    3/5,
    When I try to start up Starbound, it says this mod is not on the right version.
    1. Chieron
      Author's Response
      Odd. I packaged the version I'm using myself, and I have no such issues. Are you on Enraged Koala?
  10. ShadowZeroOne
    ShadowZeroOne
    5/5,
    this mod is great, but i cant download this version because there is something wrong with the downloads in nexus, could you please put some more mirrors options here ? like media fire
    1. Chieron
      Author's Response
      Sure, it should be on there already, I must've forgotten. Apologies.