1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Prismatic Stars 1.1

The planets orbiting these strange stars are completely unpredictable!

1. ChocolateySyrup
    Looking for some more variety in your universe? Tired of only seeing the same types of planets?
    prism3.jpg
    2015-02-04_00006.jpg
    This mod adds Prismatic Stars, rainbow-colored systems with planets that can be of any threat level, regardless of biome. No longer will you have to scavenge around only in the 3 fiery biomes when you want an endgame experience. Prismatic Stars are easy to find. They glow in rainbow colors!
    prism2.jpg
    inconceivable.jpg
    Not only that, Prismatic Planets, which orbit these stars, can come in any kind of crazy, mixed-up biome combination -- totally divorcing biome from sub-biome and sub-surface. Normally, tar biomes only show up on desert planets, but here you can just as easily find one on an icy tundra. Eyeball plants can sprout from arid worlds, and even volcano worlds can have icy caves hidden deep below. Every possible biome and sub biome can show up on these worlds, plus every kind of dungeon.
    2015-02-03_00017.jpg 2015-02-03_00024.jpg
    Cores and sub-surface are pulled from all possibilities, too, so your alien world might have a plutonium-rich core, like a moon, or you might find massive, sandy oil deposits under the surface of your arctic planet!
    2015-02-03_00018.jpg
    Further, sub-biomes can be primary biomes! How about a world that's half desert, half ocean? Or half barren, half lush? Anything goes on prismatic planets, and at any difficulty level! Just be sure you're ready for what you might find.
    2015-02-04_00005.jpg

But that's not all! Sometimes you'll find even more special prismatic planets!
    prism4.jpg
    prism1.jpg
    Hollow prismatic planets are exactly like normal prismatic planets, but once you delve deep enough below the planet's crust, you'll find a whole buried world, Land of the Lost style! What dwells beneath? Does your dry, arid world have a tropical paradise hidden in the sunless depths? Or is there a hostile volcano-world erupting magma just below the surface?
    Sunken ocean planets are much the same, only instead of another world or biome, you'll find an immense, planet-spanning oceanic cavern (sometimes magma!).
    2015-02-03_00021.jpg

This mod does not affect vanilla planets or stars in any way. All these crazy mix-and-match planets can only be found in Prismatic Star systems. If installing on an existing game, you'll have to move to unexplored space to find a Prismatic Star. So just pop the mod in and scroll out a little!

Recent Reviews

1. TinchoX
    TinchoX
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Oh I enjoyed this mod back in the day, looking forward for an update!
  2. logan2252
    logan2252
    5/5,
    finaly i was getting sick of the same old boring fire planets
  3. Baleur
    Baleur
    5/5,
    Awesome!! Love the hollow planets, love the idea of having a dedicated star type the player can visit if he/she wishes to have a total random experience, without messing up the rest of the game.

Please please tell me this is fully compatible with Frackin Universe!
    It will just ADD the prismatic stars to the universe map, right? It wont change any existing stuff?
    Will it also draw from and use the added Frackin Universe biomes too? THAT would be incredible.

Holding off to install this until you reply :)
    1. ChocolateySyrup
      Author's Response
      Yes, this mod adds independent prismatic stars to areas of the galaxy you haven't already explored, and all patches are additive, so it should not conflict with any other mods whatsoever, though other mods might cause problems with it.

In either case, it should be 100% compatible with Frackin' Universe, though I can't promise the things it adds will show up on Prismatic Planets.
  4. Oberic
    Oberic
    5/5,
    Yussss! Better than old-style planets. haha!
  5. myomi13
    myomi13
    4/5,
    I like the added difficulty, but it would be cool if you also added a way for high level biomes to spawn significantly less dangerous/lifeless for cool base locations.
  6. BlasphemyX
    BlasphemyX
    5/5,
    Really good mod for endgame. Difficulty on Inconceivable planets is just right for a challenge. Love the randomness too. Just had an avian temple and floral dungeon next to each other. .. on a barren planet lol
  7. Audion
    Audion
    4/5,
    Very nice looking mod, and the planets are cool, but doesn't appear to be stable on multiplayer, causing random crashes
  8. Dekadrachm
    Dekadrachm
    5/5,
    This mod is amazing, I spawned on an ocean planet island, but the water was made of poison, and when I fell down there where trees like on a forest biome, and I dug underground in the poison filled forest biome to find an interesting assortment of ores. Keep up the good work!
  9. Patware
    Patware
    5/5,
    High level mod

Wanna touch this mod
  10. Hibob42
    Hibob42
    5/5,
    Good, more things to explore, more sights to see, and more ways to die horribly and painfully. Wonderful!