1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Playable Penguins 0.5 2014-07-29

Be a penguin!

1. anklo384
    Ever looked at penguins, and said, "Hey! I want to play as one!"? Of coarse you have! This mod adds Penguins (with robot arms and legs, so they work properly) to Starbound!
    2014-07-30_00003.jpg
    BACKGROUND :
    Penguins, those adorable first boss creatures that you only kill because you have to. They're cute, cuddly, and can beat you up if you're not ready. This mod can put you in place of a penguin, who left his/her crew out of rejection with a few things and stole a Glitch's ship. He also stole the glitch's appendages, and made them so he/she himself/herself could use them. You now cruise around the universe, proving that you can be the best boss ever.

FEATURES:

-Play as a penguin!
    -Upgrade your penguin via Boss Tiers up to tier 5! (up to tier 10 in the future)
    -Craft an amazing gun at tier 4!
    -Two very distinct genders!
    -An amazing distinct language!
    -Craft Molten Cores! Option to skip over Dreadwing!

BOSS TIERS:
    Boss tiers work differently from other armors as they are an invisible helmet that boosts your health dramatically, while still being balanced. They don't offer any armor protection at all, but with the health boost, it works itself out. You need the previous Tier to make the next, so no giving out free op gear to other races!

TODO:

-Custom Ship
    -Tier up to tier 10.
    -More Special weapons.
    -Suprise...
    -UFO Tech
    -Penguin eggs! Spawn friendly penguins to assist you!

INSTALLATION:

-Just extract the mod from the file and you're set!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    DeffreyJahmer likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. caspaas
    caspaas
    3/5,
    Version: 2014-07-29
    I like the mod and I love the race, but Whenever I try to add it. all of my other custom races fuck up and the custom race selection screen gets bugged.

Im trying to use this with S3RS modpack :3
    When I can get it to work with it i will give 5 stars xD
  2. WildBoySoTrill
    WildBoySoTrill
    5/5,
    Best Mod EVER!
  3. Mr Mishmish
    Mr Mishmish
    5/5,
    Cool mod, I like it!