1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Pandemonium Inc. Laser Weaponry 0.5

High Powered Laser Weaponry!

1. Murmur
    Pandemonium Inc. Laser Weaponry by Murmur.

I've always had a thing for lasery weapons in games so I decided to make some for my personal use, but figured maybe at least one other person would get a kick out of it too, so here we are.

The weapons follow the tier progression like the default weapons in the game, and can be crafted at the Pandemonium Inc. Workbench for 100 pixels for rifles, 50 pixels for pistols, and an amount of metal bars for that tier.

These weapons hit pretty hard. Leave some feedback on balancing, I'm constantly tweaking things.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So far the weapons that are included are the Laser Rifle and Laser Pistol for all tiers.

Also included is the Pandemonium Inc. Workbench. The workbench itself is crafted from just 150 pixels, and then gives you access to all of the rifles and pistols.

[​IMG]

Note: The entire workbench is now just a place holder. I will most likely be coming up with a more interesting way to deliver the weapons to the player, but I have to do some testing first to see if my ideas are feasible.

Installation instructions:
    Place the 'Pandemonium Inc' folder into your 'starbound/mods' folder. If you place it correctly you will have 'starbound/mods/Pandemonium Inc/pandemoniuminc/'

Then you'll be able to craft the workbench for 150 pixels, and use the workbench to craft the weapons.

Note: If you are updating from a previous version, pick up your workbench and place it back down to get any new recipes that have been added. Also note if you are a few versions behind it is best to delete any of the weapons and the workbench itself (drag them to the trash can icon in your inventory), then close the game and delete the mod folder entirely, then re apply it.

Future Plans:
    Improve sounds.
    Get rid of the workbench and add a more interesting way of getting the weapons.
    Add different types of rifle: shotgun, assault rifle, etc.
    Improve graphics.
    Add lore for Pandemonium Inc., your typical evil sci-fi megacorporation.
    Downston and chewfaimau like this.

Recent Reviews

1. ROCKECTX99
    ROCKECTX99
    2/5,
    Version: 0.5
    no open the game!!!
  2. overlorddarkwolf
    overlorddarkwolf
    5/5,
    Version: 0.41
    This seems better balanced than the in-game weapons. I found it to be fun to use these weapons.
    1. Murmur
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the kind words!
  3. bs1110101
    bs1110101
    4/5,
    Version: 0.41
    Sprites and sounds are good, though it isn't laser-y enough for a laser, it should shoot a much faster, longer if it would work well laser bolt, or better yet, a beam laser that's more or less the same, but full auto, and makes a beam effect by shooting huge amounts of low power projectiles.
    1. Murmur
      Author's Response
      Yeah I agree with you. Originally I wanted a continuous beam for a laser. Maybe just a quick pulse, but I couldn't find a way to do it. I tried the full auto idea and it looked odd... it looked okay unless you moved or your aim changed, then it looked like a weird red fan spraying around. If I ever come across a way to make the weapons more laser-y, I will jump at the chance.
  4. Electroman
    Electroman
    4/5,
    Version: 0.3
    I really like the pistols, but the Mk IV Rifle has an energy requirement larger than my energy pool, and I'm using Impervium armor. Also, I'd love to see the weapons go all the way up to Mk X!
    1. Murmur
      Author's Response
      The energy cost problem has been fixed, it was due to the latest patch. The weapons do a lot less damage now, but that is out of my control. Also, the weapons now go up to Mk. X, hope you enjoy!
  5. Zarmine18
    Zarmine18
    5/5,
    very nice Love the pistols too =D Cant wait to see more from this
  6. Kanesaw
    Kanesaw
    5/5,
    Exactly as described. The author is continuously updating, also as promised. Love the pistols. Can't wait for the whole set!
  7. Haloguy
    Haloguy
    3/5,
    Version: 0.22
    This looks interesting going to check it out see if i like the weapons then ill give my true after play rating
    1. Murmur
      Author's Response
      Hope you enjoy it, be sure to try the latest version as well if you liked what you saw.