1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Ore Plants [Upbeat Giraffe] 1.2 [Stable]

Grow your own ores.

1. KateisLost
    This mod is totally obsolete. Please use "Ore Plants (RAMs version)" instead. He has added many more plants to this mod and made it vastly superior to this version.

This is a small update to another mod by bloo808 called "Ore Farming". Sadly that mod was abandoned:( All sprites and icons used in this mod are from bloo808's original mod.

This version of the mod is a much simpler one, as this is my first mod. Please leave feedback if you have any ideas on making it better.

Image from original mod posting:
    [​IMG]

Would you rather spend long sunny days in the fields planting and harvesting crops then in the cold dark of caves mining for precious gems and minerals? Then this mod is for you!

With this mod you can create, plant, and harvest your very own ore plants! Each ore plant seed recipe is learned upon picking up the corresponding ore and can be crafted at the Magnetic Crucible(Which can be crafted at a Robotic Crafting Table). The seed prices increase as the ore tiers do, meaning the lower tiered ore seeds are easy and cheap to make, while the highest tiered ores seeds are quite expensive. I made it that way because you only need 1 seed of each, after you have that one seed you can plant and harvest as many as you wish. All plants grow at the same rate as wheat does.
    Plant growth times now increase as the rarity does.

Enjoy your farming!

To obtain a Magnetic Crucible you first need to receive an Iron Crafting Table from a quest at the Outpost. You then need to craft a Robotic Crafting Table using the Iron Crafting Table. Then using the Robotic Crafting Table you can craft the Magnetic Crucible.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion about this mod.
    Pohany likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 [Stable]
    No way is it obsolete! This version stays much more true to the original vision. Use this if you want something more like the original Ore Farming.
    1. KateisLost
      Author's Response
      Closer to the original it might be but you have added so many cool things to your mod! The liquid plants, the meat plants the SNOWFLAKE plant! All great additions that everyone should enjoy.
  2. freelancedew
    freelancedew
    5/5,
    Works great!
    1. KateisLost
      Author's Response
      Thank you!
  3. Dataspell
    Dataspell
    4/5,
    Good mod but needs a bit of explaination XD I thought it wasnt working but apparently you need a robotic crafting table, that should be in a readme or something
    1. KateisLost
      Author's Response
      I have added a brief summery on how to obtain the necessary crafting tables needed to make the Magnetic Crucible( and there for the seeds)
  4. rosett
    rosett
    5/5,
    A fun way to progress outside of mining! Helps with megabuilds that need lots of metal, too - a good reason to farm them large-scale! 5/5
    1. KateisLost
      Author's Response
      Glad you like it!
  5. wally314garcia
    wally314garcia
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Glad to have this mod back. Tiy has said he wanted to make it so that you can progress using just farming if you wanted to, but that hasn't been implemented yet. Perhaps he should take a look at this mod.
    1. KateisLost
      Author's Response
      Happy to help you play this mod again! I would love it if/when you can progress through the game with farming.
  6. Pohany
    Pohany
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    taiberium!!