1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Nudie-Mod: A server and vanilla-friendly nude mod 1.0

Nude, Transparent, No Helmet. Get Nekkid!

1. LaznAzn
    WARNING MAC Users - There's been a report that this mod might not be compatible for you guys. If you have any issues and are on a MAC, please let me know and, if possible, include a log file!

CAUTION LINUX Users - This mod has only been tested in Windows. If MAC handles errors differently, it's possible so does Linux!

I'll look into using a directive to make armor transparent without an error use. It should eliminate any incompatibilities (Although the item icons will probably still be invisible because the icons share the same directives as the armor, if the armor is invisible then the icon will share that characteristic!)

What it does:

This mod adds four recipes that use an invalid directive syntax to generate an item that is invisible. The interesting side-effect being: It makes the slot it's placed in transparent.

This mod is compatible with vanilla Starbound, you can craft these items and give them to your friends and you can wear them on a server and they will work. You don't need the mod to be able to use them, you just need the mod to craft them.

How it does it:

To be honest this is more an exploit than a mod. It's not very elegant, not only are the items invisible but their icons become invisible too. But! They are fully functional and can be worn without breaking the game.

Basically I call a directive ?fade and I assign it values that are invalid. The game gets confused and these items pop out.

Code:
    "data" : { "directives" : "?fade;1=100" },
    if you are interested in directives, I made a thread on the ?replace directive for recoloring armors HERE.

What is looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be frank, I was skeptical at releasing this at all. As I said, it's not much of a mod, and it looks pretty lame-looking on the user interface. Its only saving grace is that it works. And it works everywhere.

But I figured why not? Thanks for read and enjoy the mod! :)

Oh and feel free to poke around and change it however you want, if you find a better way feel free to make a new mod! I'd be interested in using it.
    Kavukamari and JAROPIS like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Lateo
    Lateo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    A simple yet elegant solution to an age old problem, how to appear naked without being so. Now if only he'd use his powers for good instead of terrifying the innocent people of the universe....
  2. Razormate
    Razormate
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Great! Does just what it say and who doesn't want to let it all hang out, it's so free...