1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated NPC Control v1.3

Customize clothing/weapon for the NPC, ask them to follow you...etc.

1. Kuray
    -----------------------------------------------
    I'm sorry that due to some personal matters, I may no longer have time to update this mod. If anyone have interest to take up /create a new mod base on this one please feel free to use/modify my images & source codes.
    Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------

It supports multiplayer mode!

This mod provided 4 new techs (auto unlock in tier 1) for you to play with the NPC:

1. Tech A: Let the NPC to equip what you're holding in your hands (armor, helm, pants, cape, weapon, shield...etc) - Mouse over the target NPC and press the "F" key to work. If you give NPC the random generated weapons, he/she will always get a regenerate one instead.

2. Tech B: Ask the NPC to follow you by "F", ask them to leave by "F" again. Please note that:
      • the guards will change their patrol point to the last leaving location.
      • the NPC will not give any response to the environment while they're following you... (ZOMBIE MODE!)
      • the purpose of this tech is to move the NPC to a new location, but not as you companion... (unless i'm going to override all the native NPC behaviours!)
    3. Tech C: Whenever you hit a guard accidentally. Just press "F" on them, and they will forgive you immediately!
    4. Tech D : Allow you to switch the color for the NPC's equipping items (head, chest, legs, back). To switch the color you have to hold a corresponding equipment in your hand (e.g. any chest armor/clothing to let the tech know that you're going to dye a chest equipment), then press "F" on the target NPC and it's done. Please note that it's work for the dyeable items only.

PLUS (for the advance users to know)
    1. A quick fix (already included in this mod) for the sitState.lua line 66 random error (NOT CAUSED BY MY MOD!!) in case it's spamming errors in your starbound.log or the server log...

Note that Tech A & B & D will only work if
    1. the NPC is close enough to your character and they can see you by line of sight
    2. the NPC is not attacking you
    3. you have created the file manually (read the installation instruction) for the custom race
    4. the NPC is not a doctor merchant (not sure why it's not working to them at this moment)

Note that Tech C will NOT work if:
    1. the NPC is a native enemy to the player in this game
    2. another aggressive NPC is nearby, as they will keep asking the neighbor NPC to attack you again even you have stopped one of them

Installation:

Download and unzip the file, put the folder "ZKurayMod" into starbound mods folder
    After the installation, the folder structure should look like this:
    • [steam apps path]\
      • starbound\
        • mods\
          • [some other custom race mods (if any)]\
          • ZKuraymod\
            • npcs\
            • tech\
            • player.config
            • ZKuray
            • Mod.modinfo
    ** if you sort the files by name within the mods folder, my mods should always below the other custom race mods, or else it won't work with them.

For the custom race to work with this mod:

If you have installed the custom race mods, you have to copy and rename the included template.npctype file manually for the corresponding race.

Example
    If a custom race mod XYZ has the following files:
    • [steam apps path]\starbound\mods\XYZ\npc\a.npctype
    • [steam apps path]\starbound\mods\XYZ\npc\b.npctype
    then you have to do the following steps:
    1. duplicate the template.npctype and rename it as a.npctype
    2. duplicate the template.npctype again and rename it as b.npctype
    3. put both files into the folder [steam apps path]\starbound\mods\ZKuraymod\npcs\

Finally... please note that

THIS IS MY FIRST STARBOUND MOD, MY FIRST LUA PROGRAMMING, SO PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SAVE FILE FIRST!!!!

Enjoy! : )
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Ghoulshroud
    Ghoulshroud
    3/5,
    Version: v1.3
    needs to be updated
  2. gbrilleCraft
    gbrilleCraft
    5/5,
    very good mod
  3. ravenvalentine
    ravenvalentine
    5/5,
    i am giving it a 5 for the ability to control NPCS and even if they dont do much when following you its a very good start good job
  4. Capticus Calvaria
    Capticus Calvaria
    5/5,
    This mod is incredible (sorry my english is so basic :c, ¡pero es impresionante, increíble y extremadamente genial!)
  5. iomccoy
    iomccoy
    1/5,
    Doesn't work. I've tried re-installing the mod several times in several different ways, removing the mod's custom races from the thing, adding mine into the custom race folder, etc... doesn't work. Perhaps it is incompatible with Creative Mode or the fully constructible ship?
  6. N1NJ4ftw
    N1NJ4ftw
    5/5,
    Ok this MOD is awesome, I didn't have to change anything or add anything for the Avali race to work since it already uses existing npc files
  7. peng5629
    peng5629
    5/5,
    WHAT WHAT?I REALLY SUPPORTS MULTIPLAYER?
  8. unearthly earthling
    unearthly earthling
    5/5,
    This is what I have been waiting for. Instead of implementing a race for each of the characters in my Futurama Mod, I can continue to create character armors and simply just dress up the npcs as bender, or fry, etc.. Thank you modder
    1. Kuray
      Author's Response
      Thank you : )
  9. ODABUTSU
    ODABUTSU
    5/5,
    BEST MOD EVER! Thank you for the wonderful mod!
    1. Kuray
      Author's Response
      Thank you :D
  10. Lokisan
    Lokisan
    5/5,
    Very Good Mod! Finally my colony and Troops look uniform! Can you maybe also consider creating a Tech to make an NPC more "static"...so he/she would not wander around all the place?
    1. Kuray
      Author's Response
      Thank you for your review. I know a way to let the NPC to stay at the same place but it mean I have to overwrite the existing behavior scripts and it may cause a bit problems.