1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Nanite Cloak 2.1

A collection of craftable cloaks staring at tier 4 that provide defensive and utilitarian benefits.

1. Ichy42
    *** The site is not posting the new file when I upload it and for the life of me I can't figure it out... in the interim the new file is here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1vixfkxy4hqyc9/NaniteCloakV2_1.zip?dl=0

V 2.1 -> Recipe tweaks, changed color of Weave on Nanite Cloak Extreme (see update tab)
    V 2.0 -> 2 new cloaks added! (see update tab)

As the the title says (or used to when I put V1.0 out... whatever), it's a cloak that drains your energy to absorb incoming damage. Great for straight up melee nuts!

- Electrical damage, fall damage, and environmental hazards are not affected.

- Nighttime enemies in the same tier as you or higher can still bring it down pretty quick and mini-bosses in the same tier or higher will shred through it in one or sometimes two hits so there's still some strategy needed, ie. it's far from being an I WIN button. On that note watch those guns and techs, your shielding is factoring into energy management now!

- Default color is red but it is fully compatible with dyemod just for all you fashionistas!

- Those happy little nanites give off a healthy glow doing all their hard work for you because, well, fuck flashlights :p.

- Costs 500 Pixels, 10 laser diodes, 5 circuit boards, 30 fabric and 10 durasteel bars at the robotic crafting table. Cheap!... But you still gotta work for it ;)

- Installs the same as every mod around here, unzip and dump it in your mods folder. Just in case this is your first time or you're drunk it's located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods .

So guys and gals this is my first mod and I gotta admit I knew NOTHING about how to do this. I poured through Hell only knows how much code from the main game (after an hour trying to figure out how to unpack it), other mods, a whackload of forum topics when the damn thing crashed the client and then again when it wouldn't load up on the table.. and again when it was an ugly little over-priced green cube throughout several attempts. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to thank people individually for the help they don't even know they provided but there's too many to remember. In light of that I'm just going to throw out a BIG THANKS TO THE WHOLE MODDING COMMUNITY HERE. The amount of creative genius floating around here is incredible and the people in general are ace. CHEERS!

Given that the way I was able to learn about all this and make this little mod was to tear things apart under a virtual microscope and apprehensively place every keystroke in slow motion it is only fair that:

-A: You can do whatever the Hell you want with this mod, I'm not full enough of myself that if you tinkered around with it it'd hurt my feelings (ok, maybe a little :p). Lemme know what works for you and what doesn't and maybe I'll make some adjustments myself... maybe ;)

-B: If you wanna stick it in a pack you don't need to ask, I'd be honored :). Just do me the courtesy of letting me know and citing credit is all.

Later kids, ENJOY!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Minor Tweaks, V2.1
  2. Version 2.0

Recent Reviews

1. lolipopispunkman
    lolipopispunkman
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    Awesome Mode
  2. Cipherstar
    Cipherstar
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Loving it, nothing bad to say. I suggest making the v3 cloak more difficult to obtain but otherwise unchanged or ~slightly~ nerf the protection while still making it harder to get. I modified the sprites to change the color of the trim to dark red and the nanites to bright red, then dyed it double-black in the Dye Mod and out came the perfect cape~<3
    1. Ichy42
      Author's Response
      You know it's interesting you should mention the color as the neon purple is kind of getting on my nerves, too. Not sure about red necessarily, but I think white would go better with a wider variety of dyeing options. Incidentally I was considering the ease of obtaining it as well (like you read my mind across the interwebz or something). Personally I skip crafting T9 armor and just gather up enough Rubium for the tech upgrade and T10 armor in one go, so getting a few more bars on that run is pretty much a stroll in the park. Considering the relative scarcity of matter generators, however... I'm thinking, given the fact that the third upgrade is an independent evolution of the Nanites (as opposed to a reprogramming), of switching out the Impervium Bars for Matter instead. I mean who knows what they eat, right? Could be that. It would certainly encourage more exploration... or use of a certain web-based database of recorded planets and their coordinates as it were... Good suggestions, all in all, and I'm going to run with them. Not the shielding nerf, though. Go toe to toe with an a mini-boss while wielding an axe and my logic on that one becomes a little clearer ;) And thank you for the review and rating, appreciate it!