1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Multispecies: Mistfen Race 1.1

Update in progress! One down, three to go.

1. Dleowolf
    UPDATE 23-JUL-2016: I will return to working on this mod eventually. Please do not upload this mod to the Steam Workshop.

For more information on installation, see the Installation section at the bottom.
    Unpacked version is available here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    This mod adds one race so far:

The Mistfens - A race of insane, energy-consuming fennecs that love to destroy!
    [​IMG]

Mistfens are able to craft special weapons designed for destruction.
    • Wrecking Balls: Wrecking balls are tools to mine at a large radius, and also double as heavy weapons.
      [​IMG]

• Flamethrowers: Flamethrowers can be used as a short ranged weapon, and can also incinerate ice and plants.
      [​IMG]

• Staves: Mistfens can craft two tiers of staves at the Manipulator Table.[​IMG]

This is only part of the mod. The rest will be updated in the future!

This mod add four races:
    • The Flamenco - A race of fluffy weasels that used to have fun but are now hard working builders.
      [​IMG]

• The Snow Dragons - A race of snow dragons seeking survival after escaping a hostile encounter on their home planet.
      [​IMG]

• The Nayla - A race of squishy shape-shifting cats that have a strong fascination in dinosaurs.
      [​IMG]

Features
    • Tiered armors up to Durasteel for each race.
    • New farmables.
      [​IMG]
      • Fishtato
      • Blizzberry
      • Leafshell
      • Rockroot
      • Biscorn
      • Energiflower
      • Minkocoa Pod
      • Little Good Berry
      • Shiny Acorn
      • Melodistar
      • Wubstem
    • New dishes for each race.
      [​IMG]

• Racial flags.
      [​IMG]

• Custom hurt sounds for Flamenco, Nayla, and Mistfen.
    • Custom dialogues from NPCs.
    • Codices.
    • Flamenco village.
    Biomes: New detached biomes have been added (not planetary biomes). These are compatible with Variety is the spice of the Universe and Frackin' Flora.

Energy
    [​IMG]
    Metallic scraps and overgrown energy plants populate this biome. This is the result of failed experiments to regulate natural planetary processes, powered by these unusual glowing plants.

Fossil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These biomes have fossils everywhere. Very useful.

Flamenco Objects

• Instant housing: The Flamenco can craft a Construction Table, which allows them to craft instant houses using natural materials. While only the Flamenco can craft the table, other races can still use the table and have access to the recipes.[​IMG]
    • Brick Blending Station: Here, the Flamenco can craft many types of bricks out of natural materials, such as cobblestone, wood, clay, and metal bars. A very useful tool for builders.
    [​IMG]

Snow Dragon Objects

[​IMG]
    • Snow Dragon Table: Lots of snow dragon specific items are crafted here, such as rock crusher, organic extractor, and filling machine, as well as several throwables and consumables.
    • Rock Crusher: Crushes cobblestone into gravel, and gravel into sand. Useful for getting sand without having to visit a desert. (You're a snow dragon.)
    • Organic Extractor: Extract plants and meats here for materials you can use for crafting or at the filling machine. There are ten distinct extracts to discover, each with different effects. Frackin' Flora plants are supported.
    • Filling Machine: Fill various things with extracts. Each type of extract has a different effect on each item.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Dragon Flight: A snow dragon starts with a Dragon Flight tech, and can craft more, just in case. Dragon Flight can work on some other races, but not all.
    • Cold resistance: Snow dragon armors have buffed cold resistance, allowing them to be able to visit snow planets wearing their racial armor.

Nayla Objects

Fossil Shape Station: This station can be crafted by the Nayla. Here, you would use fossils for crafting dinosaur transformation techs.
    [​IMG]
    Three techs are available so far.
    • Dino Egg: Dino Egg is the iron tiered starter tech for the Nayla. It turns you into an egg. :3 Planned feature: defense
    [​IMG]
    • Ptero: Ptero is the titanium tiered tech for the Nayla. Press F to turn into a pterodactyl and fly. You can also shoot dark plasma!
    [​IMG]
    • Raptor: Raptor is the durasteel tiered tech for the Nayla. Press F to turn into a velociraptor and run super fast! You can even glide.
    [​IMG]

Crafting stations are also available at the Tabula Rasa.

Installation
    Installation is set up to be modular to customize your installation.

Full Installation (Easiest)
    • Download and open the archive. Place all .modpaks in your mods folder.
    • Install a character creation extension mod to see the new races appear in the character creation screen, such as Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator.
    Custom Installation
    • Multispecies Core.modpak (Required) - Add crafting stations, farmables, tiles, etc.
    • zMultispecies Biomes.modpak (Recommended) - Adds plants, fossils, and minibiomes to world generation, including vanilla, VitsotU, and Frackin' Flora biomes. Note: If this modpak is not installed, some items will become unobtainable!
    • Multispecies Flamenco (Optional) - Adds Flamenco race and village.
    • Multispecies Mistfen (Optional) - Adds Mistfen race.
    • Multispecies Nayla (Optional) - Adds Nayla race.
    • Multispecies Snow Dragon (Optional) - Adds Snow Dragon race.

Alternatively, if you like being able to use anything with any race, you can access most items with just Multispecies Core.modpak and Tabula Rasa installed.

Planned Features
    I intend to expand these races to have the features of the standard races, so there's no need for me to list everything. Here's what's in progress:
    • Villages: Work on Flamenco villages has started and I have ideas for the rest of the villages as well. I'm likely going to work on Mistfen villages next.
    • Custom Ships: I plan to give each race its own expandable custom ship.
    • More Story Depth: I plan to add some new biomes that contain some bits of story relating to these races.
      Some ideas include more information on:
      • What caused the chaos in Flamenco society and what they're working on to prevent it from happening again.
      • Why the snow dragons were treated so harshly by strangers despite attempting peace, and what became of their planet.
      • How the Nayla became familiar with a no longer existing group of creatures.
      • The purpose of the mechanical structures and energy plants on fennec planets, and how there is more Mistfens than just your character.
    • More Nayla Transformations: A stegosaurus tech, and maybe a pachycephalosaurus, is planned.
    • More Snow Dragon stuff. Filling station weapons will be added soon.

Installation
    • Download and open the archive. Place all .modpaks in your mods folder.
    • Install a character creation extension mod to see the new races appear in the character creation screen, such as Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. FLM
    FLM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I could ask for a link to the old version where all the races? (wants a few odd tricks) After that mod great.
    1. Dleowolf
      Author's Response
      All versions are still up in the version history
  2. SiFiGeek36
    SiFiGeek36
    5/5,
    Hey awesome mod I got it to work once in an old version. I fell in love with the The Nayla I was wondering when you where going to bring it back.
    1. Dleowolf
      Author's Response
      I will return to working on this mod in the future.
  3. Tanya Sapien
    Tanya Sapien
    5/5,
    I love this mod, all of the races feel really well thought out, lore friendly, and relatively balanced. My only frustration is how long it's been since it's seen an update. I'm still eagerly waiting to see the snow dragons make a comeback, my game feels empty without the ability to weaponize random plants.
  4. slamina3
    slamina3
    5/5,
    can't wait for a new update!!!!
  5. Swiftpaw
    Swiftpaw
    5/5,
    The space foxes are cute and definately a nice additional touch with the thematic racial armors and weapons. Giant wrecking ball maces and flamethrowers, huzzah! Looking forward to more story and racial ships.
  6. shaun4519
    shaun4519
    5/5,
    I love this mod and cannot wait for the rest of your races to come back as well as the biomes
  7. yamatowielder
    yamatowielder
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5.1
    Great race mod. Can't play the game without this mod now!
  8. Draven001
    Draven001
    5/5,
    Best. Race. Mod. Ever.
  9. rainbowdash1859
    rainbowdash1859
    5/5,
    i have no words other than "this is awesome".

also, i was wondering... what is the last extract, for the snow dragon, and how can i get it?
    1. Dleowolf
      Author's Response
      It might be cosmic extract, which can be extracted from melodistar. You can find it on moons and asteroid fields. It can also be extracted from a few Frackin Flora plants as well.
  10. Lunarmage
    Lunarmage
    5/5,
    I've been following this mod for a long time. The races are filled to the brim with lore, and are just cool in general. The addition of throw-able weapons to the dragons fills a gap which needed filling in this game.