1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Moveable Ship Parts (GladGiraffe) 1.1

A simple mod that lets you move the captain's chair, fuel tank, etc. around on your ship.

1. Mikablu
    This is a very simple mod that I made after being frustrated with the placement of certain interactable parts of the default ships.

It allows these parts to be breakable and to be moved:
    • Captain's Chair
    • Fuel Tank
    • S.A.I.L. Station
    • Shiplocker
    • Research Station
    • Teleport Pad
    These items will become breakable like any other block and can then be placed wherever you want. They should all still work after being moved. (When beaming back to your ship, you will still appear in the spot where the teleport pad started at, not in the new location.)

If you accidentally trash the parts, they can be remade in either the Basic Crafting menu [C] or the 3D Printer. (The craftable items use the Apex visuals for now.)
    • The Captain's Chair, Ship Locker, Teleport Pad, Research Station, and S.A.I.L. Station are now craftable in the basic crafting menu [C].
    • The Captain's Chair, Ship Locker, Fuel Hatch, Teleport Pad, and S.A.I.L. Station are now craftable in the 3D Printer for 1 pixel each.

Installation Instructions

Download the zip file and extract the files. Copy the BreakableShipParts folder into your Starbound mods directory just like with any other mod.

WARNINGS
    This mod will not work on existing characters unless you delete the shipworld files and recreate the ship by logging on to that character again. If you do that, make sure that you have taken everything off of your ship BEFORE deleting the shipworld files. Anything that is left on your ship will be deleted.

This mod WILL automatically take effect on any new characters made after installation.

This mod WILL NOT work with custom races, even if they use a default ship from another race.

This is my very first mod, so I'm not completely sure if it will work as intended, but it seems to work just fine for me. If you encounter any problems with this mod, please inform me ASAP so that I can try to fix them.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.1: Parts are now craftable

Recent Reviews

1. Nakano15
    Nakano15
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This certainly is usefull, even more at last tier ships, since the captain's chair is way too far away from the window.