1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated More Bows of Power 1.3.1 (v. Enraged Koala)

Adds more bows of myth and of power to the game! Homing Arrows!

1. Serok
    UPDATE ON THE WAY, CURRENT VERSION DOES NOT WORK

This Mod is DEPENDENT on the
    Bow of Epirus mod, get it here! Or it will NOT run!
    You thought you had power before, but now there is no doubt, I introduce the: More Bows of Power mod for Starbound!

The initial release comes with six new bows, each balanced (hopefully!) and tiered. With each progressive tier, you have a chance to add yet another bow to your collection. Each one of these bows has to be forged at the Tablet of Epirus!

Here is a fairly candid video showing a little bit of each initial bow:

The Bows:
    Bow of Heracles
    • A bow nearly as strong as its previous owner, it sports deadly corrosive ability upon your foes.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 5.
    Bow of the Hive
    • A bow that harnesses the vigor of life, you may now recruit the power of bees to your arsenal. This bow uses a similar function to the Bow of Brahma, and the Bowmaster tech (crafted at an anvil) is necessary for it to function.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 5.
    Bow of Eros
    • A bow of love, and of hate. You can enrage monsters into attack other monsters, or you can pacify them into be non-aggressive towards you or others. (Currently works only on non unique monsters).
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 6.
    Bow of Apollo
    • A bow as hot as the Sun, you will surely burn your foes to the ground with an explosion of fire upon impact.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 7.
    Bow of Medusa
    • A bow meant to petrify those who oppose you with a power shot, where they shall stand forever until certain death. A certain Gorgon would be proud.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 7.
    Bow of Arjuna
    • A bow forged with Thunder, the powerful boom with each shot will intimidate your opponents, just before they hit their mark.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 8.
    Bow of Ulysses
    • A strong bow for a strong individual, this bow will fire multiple arrows at once, easily hitting multiple targets; or land all arrows on one foe to bring on massive damage.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 9.
    Bow of Brahma
    • A very unique bow of power, one who wields it, shall never miss their mark. This bow of power uses a special Homing ability (At the moment, through a tech, currently named: "Bowmaster") that follows where you point it, OR you can mark a monster by pressing 'F' near it to enable automatic homing, a beeline for that monster with every shot. The Tech must be crafted at an anvil, and can be crafted immediately.
    • Blueprint found in Sector X, Tier 10.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bow of Medusa​

Install Instructions
    NOTE: This mod requires the Bow of Epirus mod to function! Get it Here!
    1. Download Zip archive from this page
    2. Extract Zip into /Mods folder
    3. Play Starbound!
    4. Craft
    5. Wreak havoc!
    This mod is compatible with the Tabula Rasa, but using the Tabula Rasa will bypass the blueprint functionality of this mod, due to how it is supposed to work.

To Do:

Figure out how to increase draw time for Bow of Ulysses.
    Add More Bows! (A To Do that may never be fully complete)
    Maybe make Eros' Love Arrow lower shop prices if shot at a merchant? (Also have chance of merchant to become hostile in return)

Changelog:

1.3.1 - Compatibility w/ Enraged Koala
    1.3 - Bow of Medusa added, several patches, See 1.3 Notes.
    1.2.2 - Treasurepool hotfix
    1.2.1 - Treasurepool fix
    1.2 - Bow of the Hive added, some nerfs.
    1.1.1 - Fixed Export file incompatibility
    1.1 - Fixed Homing tech recipe output
    1.0 - Initial Release

Very special thanks to:

Peasly "codeApex" Wellbott - For helping with nearly all Lua scripting!

MasterofKittens - For contributing some quality artwork when I couldn't!

I am open to any and all feedback, whether it be constructive criticism, suggestions and ideas, tweaks for balancing, etc. Anything to make this mod better, I am willing to put in whatever effort I can!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Arceorenix
    Arceorenix
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1 (v. Enraged Koala)
    I would like this mod, if the CRAFTING STATION WAS FINDABLE. I have scowered everywhere across the X-Sector, and have come to no avail in finding the Damned blueprint for making the Bows.
    1. Serok
      Author's Response
      It is found through killing Mini bosses, have you been killing mini bosses?
  2. InkiBlack
    InkiBlack
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1 (v. Enraged Koala)
    Great work! Keep it up, you guys are excellent!

1. great idea
    2. great artwork
    3. great scripts

Can't wait to see more

greetings,
    InkiBlack
    1. Serok
      Author's Response
      Thank you! And yes, more will be seen...
  3. telles0808
    telles0808
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2 (v. Furious Koala)
    It's normal EVERY mob dropping the blueprints?
    1. Serok
      Author's Response
      Agh! This problem is terrible! I'll try and figure it out, however I cant replicate your problem!
  4. EpicNomming
    EpicNomming
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1 (v. Furious Koala)
    5/5
    Great balanced end game bows, with really unique effects! I truly like this mod a lot! Great work.
    I hope to see more bows in the future ;)
  5. SuperMandrew
    SuperMandrew
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1 (v. Furious Koala)
    Excellent mod, truly well done. And especially great job coding the homing and mouse-tracking arrows. Such a fun mod to use!