1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Mining Gun 1.0.1

It's a way for miners to turn solid rock into lots of small bits of rock.

1. The Cannon Is Back

TheArmchairExplorer
    I've made the mining cannon craftable with this update. It is hugely overpowered, and best suited to taking out annoying mountains.
    artguk likes this.
  2. 1.0 release

TheArmchairExplorer
    Now that Starbound has gone to 1.0, the mining gun needs an update. Here it is, and remember - don't try it out inside your ship...

Special thanks to Mackinz for helping me to check consistency with the v0.3 files.
  3. The Bigger Brother

TheArmchairExplorer
    Because you've asked for it, here's the "big brother" to the Wad Gun: What it lacks in finesse it makes up for in area of effect. You can craft it at the usual anvil-type locations by upgrading your existing wad gun.

As usual, please drop me a line with feedback and bug-reports.
  4. Move to activeItem format, add mining of background tiles

TheArmchairExplorer
    This updates the mining gun to use the new .ogg sound files and adds the ability to mine background tiles with alternative fire.

The new alt-fire is a little harder to control: It has a lifetime of half a second or until it hits a foreground object, and harvests when it explodes.

Comments, bug-reports and suggestions, please. Merry Christmas. :)