1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Mechanian Race Mod (WIP) 0.6.0

Militaristic mercenary android

1. SCN-3_<NULL>
    Introduction
    Ever wanted to be an android mercenary?
    No? please take a look,
    Yes? then keep moving on
    I present you the Mechanian race,

Lore
    A huge part of their history is wiped out only a few original mechanian have their recorded their history and scatter them across the universe.

During the modern era mechanian have band together into a a mercenary force. Their leader, Black was a human remake of a mechanian, one of the batch with the latest system upgrades. During its regime it formed Systèmes Sans Frontières a company taking up contracts from the simple cargo convoy to support a faction in a full on war. Their main base is an orbital station on a dwarf star.
    Over the years they we're building up immense war power that could rival any super power nation. Upon setting down on a planet a weapon platform is being developed there that is capable to strike anywhere. Their position didn't last long an infiltrator was sent to the planet to destroy the prototype weapon.
    The operation was a success with Outer Arcane partially destroyed by a secondary explosion. Thankfully casualties are a minimum all units manage to escaped the firepit.

Your journey start here. Upon leaving Outer Arcane on your UCV-32C you go on for a stasis without a set duration leaving you in slumber for 15 years just to be waken up by low fuel alarm. By now you ship could traveled galaxies away from where you initially started. In this new area you have to rebuild, set up a beacon hope to be picked up by a familiar face.

Required mods
    Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator By Kawa

Recommended Mods
    Kulur's Japanese Pixel Fonts By Kulu (some codecs do contain Latin-1 fonts which the original fonts do not support)

How to Install
    Simply move the folder in the .zip to steam/steamapps/common/starbound/mods folder and you're done (just to remember to have a character extender mod installed)
    To install new update please remember to delete the mechanian mod folder before installing the new one

Current Features
    -Equipable tech (jetpack and gunpod/shoulder cannon)
    -genderless race
    -multiple classes: Commando and Scout (actually it's just 2 but if it's genderless the gender selection option can be used for class selection)
    -tier 1-8 gears and armors (anything tier 9-10 is placeholded with human gear)
    -custom crafting stations (only used for upgrading armor and changing color)
    -custom ship (note: the 2 seats does nothing different but it's always fun to have a co-pilot sitting beside you)

Classes
    Having a genderless race means a left out an option on the gender on the character creation,

so I refurbish it and turn it into a class selection option. There are 2 class available: commando(gun icon) and scout(wing icon). Each class have unique back item to aid them in combat, currently a gunpod/shoulder cannon for commando and jetpack for scout.
    [​IMG]
    Mechanian Commando
    [​IMG]
    A commando uses shear firepower to overwhelm any opposition forces. Keep retracted all the time is their gunpods(shoulder cannon), better over rank(tier) to draw out the gunpod press F key on your keyboard and off you go running around with a bigass gun mounted to yuor back. You cant use any item in hotbar while the gunpod is drawn, to resume normal use of hotbar item press F again to retract your gunpod. At different tier you'll receive different upgrade including an alternative fire mode.
    [​IMG]

Mechanian Scout
    [​IMG]
    A scout uses it's mobility to evade any unnecessary contact. Equipped with a jetpack it can just fly over a valley that may lead to your doom. Simply press space and your desired flight path while in mid air to fly. unlike a commando, while using your equipment you can use your hotbar items to you can attack hostiles while using the skies as your advantage. At different tier you'll gain a faster jetpack.

Planned Feature
    -tier 9-10+1 gears and armors (ignore that weird bump there)
    -better item tiering system
    -randomly generated chests containing mechanian gear/artifact
    -reworked sprite(if necessary)
    -more color palettes
    -Mech and hoverbike
    -respawn animation
    -a lot more(please do leave suggestions and give a helping hand in the discussion tab)

Goals to reach before considering this mod is in full release
    -Tier 1-10(+1) gears including guns melee and armors)
    -At least 2 types of back equipment for each class(being considered)
    -Randomly generated tools/equipment and codecs (✓ tough I might add more)
    -Randomly spawning mechanian guards in world(being considered or changed to armed merchant)
    -Maybe a few more things in the future
    -Final end game boss at tier 10 and random generated boss dungeon

Bug Report
    Please attach your starbound log file (steam/steamapps/commom/starbound/starbound.log)
    and do include a full list of mods you have installed before making a report.

Artworks
    These are my designs that are used for creating this race

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG](Okay it's a character that I designed for a friend, and yes it is wolf ears)

[​IMG]

All of the artwork (except mockups) are used on my fb's cover and they are not featured anywhere

There isn't any out there yet

Minor notes
    This is my first mod and I'm fairly new to codding so please do excuse for poor quality and anything unacceptable.
    Also this is heavily Work In Progress mod, expect major changed in the future.
    [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Gear Up!! (guns version)
  2. First Hotfix/patch
  3. Gear Up!!

Recent Reviews

1. Dark0flare
    Dark0flare
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6.0
    This is an amazing mod.Great balance with alot of new ideas.I'm wondering if it's going to be updated to Upbeat Giraffe anytime soon though....
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      It might take a month or two to update it since college started, I'm still in process of evaluating the current update at the moment though a lot of ideas have come up with the new system.
  2. disgustinganimal
    disgustinganimal
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6.0
    This is an amazing mod! But, I was wondering, would it be possible to use the Mechanian turret on other races?
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      If you have a method of transfering the back soldier cannon to other races' save then you can, but only mechanian can upgrade them.
  3. Kiritoblade
    Kiritoblade
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5.1
    I love this mod.. but i found a issue opening the flight Recorders my game crashes D: appart from that boss mod :3
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      is that so, do you have the log file of the session with the crush? Please do attach it to the discussion section of this mod, I'll quickly debug it and patch it up with the next version update.
  4. Momentousmario
    Momentousmario
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5.1
    Hurray! The framerate drop on the ship has been fixed (hopefully, haven't tried it yet gonna do it later)
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      Why non of you guys reported it to me, anyway the imrovement is somewhat noticeable from a minimum framerate of 30 to the average(on vanilla races) 60 minimum framesrate.
  5. EpicNomming
    EpicNomming
    3/5,
    Version: 0.5.0
    3/5
    I would vote lower due to the problems I have been having, such as immense lag and shitty world generation (there is just basically a wall, and a cliff, both go to max world height. There is no ground level, except almost halfway to lava (I think).
    Great concept, very buggy, so ruined my experience. Keep up the good work, and I hope that if someday I remove a mod that is causing this mod to have glitches or this mod is gotten a little more developed, I will be able to rate it 5/5.
    Love the models.
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      This mod does not overwrites any world terrain generation so I found contradiction to your statement about pillars spiking from ground level the world's ceiling and this is a common bug even without any mod installed. And the lag issue could be some other mods that you have installed that cause it, if not please do attack your Starbound's log into the discussion section and I'll try debug it. Finally this mod is build for Beta V. Enraged Koala - Update 6, and you could be running an unstable version of Starbound to start with (e.g., Unstable Update 11 on April 8th, 2014).
  6. awesome23873
    awesome23873
    4/5,
    Version: 0.4.0
    How to upgrade gun?
    Thx
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      which gun you're referring? and please take discussion to the discussion section. You don't put questions on the review.
  7. Squaff
    Squaff
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3.0
    Diggin the creativity
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      Sadly my creativity will deplete someday for now the only limiting factor is my ability to code and I'm still leaning. Don't get me wrong there's still a lot I'm trying to add.
  8. closet
    closet
    5/5,
    very cute and fun! i love the flight and should gun!
    1. SCN-3_<NULL>
      Author's Response
      I'm not sure about the cute part but your review is much appreciate.
  9. Jozaru
    Jozaru
    5/5,
    Cool Mod
  10. legal1ze
    legal1ze
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.0
    one word: MORE