1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Magnetbound 1.3.1

Adds magnets and a magnet tech to the game

1. PenguinToast
    Magnetbound

This mod adds the "Magnetize" tech to the game, which allows the player to be pushed by magnet blocks.

IMPORTANT NEWS:
    Magnetbound is now part of Starfoundry:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starfoundry.1302/
    There will most likely only be updates to Magnetbound for new versions of Starbound. If you want all of the latest cool magnet related stuff, check out Starfoundry!

Update 1.3
    Updated to work with Furious Koala
    Increased strength of magnets
    Added ability to swap polarities with "f"

Update 1.2
    Greatly improved performance
    Neutral magnets no longer have collision
    Slightly increased strong magnet strength
    Multiplayer confirmed to work
    You may need to replace existing magnets in order for the changes to take effect.

Update 1.1
    Greatly improved mod graphics -
    New magnets (Credits to Garrall for the art)
    [​IMG]
    Icons (Also by Garrall) have been updated as well.

Usage

Once the wiring station is unlocked, the Magnetize tech as well as various magnet blocks can be crafted at the wiring station for 1 pixel.
    [​IMG]

There are both strong and weak magnets, and all magnets can be toggled between two states:
    Pos stands for positive, which repulses the player, Neg stands for negative, which attracts the player, and Neut stands for neutral, which means the magnet is off.

[​IMG]

All magnets can be wired. Changing the input toggles the magnet.
    When the Magnetize tech is activated, friction is disabled, and then any nearby magnets affect the player.

Hover example:
    [​IMG]

Boost example:
    [​IMG]

Tunnel example:
    [​IMG]

Installation

Simple - Just drop the Magnetbound folder into your mods folder in your Starbound installation directory.
    Feedback

I'm open to any comments or suggestions! If there are any bugs, please let me know.

For people that actually care about physics: There are actually point charges, not magnets.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    hutzie, Unclever title, Skyrr and 8 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    Great... but can you update it so i can place them in air like force gates.
    1. PenguinToast
      Author's Response
  2. QuanutmBreed
    QuanutmBreed
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Wow your gifs of this mod in action really sold it for me. can't wait to use it.
  3. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    AWESOME MOD... can you please update it?
  4. DarknessLilly
    DarknessLilly
    5/5,
    love the idea hope to see more like this ^_^
  5. laserraven
    laserraven
    4/5,
    very good mod, many usages, installation description would be great!
  6. Atticus
    Atticus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    This is another great mod, I think this should be another addition to the vanilla game :D
    I just think the sprites for this could use some touch ups.
  7. Ghostly7526
    Ghostly7526
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0.1
    While I like the implementation, It's just another reason why we need a bit more coding opportunity, being forced to use a tech for this is :(

Great Implementation, just sadly it's restricted because of modding support being limited in this fashion.
  8. Dark1x
    Dark1x
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Looks cool! I can build a highway now.
    I hope that it will be put in vanilla game like skylines did.
    Some lore friendly art would be nice to have.
  9. Etherdreamer
    Etherdreamer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Quick elevator from your mineshaft without using annoying stairs/ plats or using your energy pool greeeat.

By now, I think you could add some koolish sprites so they can fit the aesthetics.