1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Lightdrones Continued 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)

The amazing mod Lightdrones by Synit, Continued Officially!

1. JellyBlade
    Chucklefish is potentially adding more support for backitems with the next update, but in doing so they make Lightdrones obselete as they are in their current form. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it though.

-Description-
    The fantastic Lightdrones mod, created by Synit and brought to you by JellyBlade, with help from teihoo, Lightdrones Continued!
    This continuation was born out of the love of a fallen mod, Lightdrones.

This mod adds the following:

-Three light-producing drones with varying costs and light outputs!
    -Two light-producing auto-healing drone that scales with hp!
    -One auto-healing drone that scales with hp!
    -Four separate versions, the standard mod, and the Light Edition of the mod, both w/ and w/o shadows!

-Version 3.1.2-
    Just in case you don't like the new changes and just want the old stuff :(

Screenshots and Videos!

A great review by Starbrethren, in English. Explains the difference between the two versions, and includes the two new medical drones.

A nice review of the mod by dracoman117, in Espanol.

-Installation Instructions-

1: Download one of the four files from GitHub (Lightdrones Continued, LightdronesContWShadows, LightdronesContLightedition, and LightdronesContLEWShadows).

2: Put the downloaded .modpak in the mods folder, with no subfolder.

3. Enjoy! You can find the drones in the new Drone Workshop, which is crafted at any crafting table!

-Feedback-
    If you want me to add/change/remove any drone from this mod, just go ahead and ask! Preferably add.
    Also, if anyone wants to make any sprites or something to improve this mod, go ahead. I am bad at spriting, although if I take a long time I can get it fairly okay-looking.

Also, don't be afraid to yell at me for being silly and forgetting to extensively test the mod and I broke something. (actually don't, you might hurt my feelings ;-; )

-Future-
    - More drones
    -Lots. Seriously, a LOT of Drones. Yeah!
    - Changed crafting recipes, maybe involving a core or something? Yay done!
    - Yeah, probably more drones.
    - Maybe potentially a custom drone creator so people can mix-n-match drone cores to make their own? If possible, this would be super cool! (Probably not for a while, maybe 5.0.0 ;D)

-Credits-
    Big thanks to teihoo for helping me update this old mod, and with various other things.
    Huge thanks to Synit for the original, amazing mod.
    NeoVanAlemania for the Medical Potions mod, whose source helped me with creating the Medical Drones.
    Various modders on ##starbound-modding for answering my noobish questions.
    Blahgobb for spriting help,
    Zero127 (Dan) for... lots of stuff, I guess.

Also, sorry for the annoying colours. I was feeling colourful when I was writing this.

Permission Granted from @Synit :
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/lightdrones-deleted.59771/page-7#post-2384438
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. StarMix69
    StarMix69
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)
    Update pls!
  2. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)
    The healing drones are a little over powered, as we needed to Nerf them a bit on our severs; but other wise these are a great add to anyone's mod list! I wouldn't mind seeing more styles of them in the future too!
  3. Preacher
    Preacher
    4/5,
    Version: 4.0.0a (Upbeat Giraffe)
    I like it, but It really bothers me, that the animation only runs when you walk.. wouldnt be too bad with a other animation, but this animation really requires the "particles" to fly around and when you stand still it looks kinda dumb when the drone just freezes :-/
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      Yeah, unfortunately, due to the limatations of the engine, idle animations are not possible on backitems (correct me if i'm wrong :P). If this were possible, I would definitely add it, though!
  4. Old_Crazy_Gamer
    Old_Crazy_Gamer
    5/5,
    The Mod does exactly what it states it does and i have found that works really well to replace several items i would have to carry around (heals, light source) and it frees up several spaces in my inventory or equipment bar. I just carry both types and a major heal item and my weapons and thats it.

I especially like the idea that it can be crafted with starting mats in the beginning once the player gets a iron crafting table. The mats can be found very easy in the starting system(s).
  5. Zooted_be_i
    Zooted_be_i
    1/5,
    there's no drone work shop in any workbench
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      Make sure your version isn't the light edition, look in the crafting table, iron crafting table, or robotic crafting table, it should be in one of those. If you cannot find it, spawn it in with /spawnitem droneworkshop. Use /admin first to gain admin powers, or try a different version of the mod, and also make sure it's actually installed. That's about all of the troubleshooting steps I can think of.
  6. neon_xeon
    neon_xeon
    5/5,
    Very helpful indeed
  7. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    Very well done mod!
    Helpfull like crazy and thank you soo much for including drones with shadows!!! :)
  8. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    useful as always. Does exactly what it should, exactly how it should do it :) Helps me a lot while developing FrackinUniverse :)
  9. yoshinatsu
    yoshinatsu
    5/5,
    Thanks for making the Lite version, I prefer that :)
  10. Synit
    Synit
    5/5,
    Version: 3.1.2 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Fantastic Job on keeping my mod alive, even though i was unable to do so! I hope you do great things with it! And i will definitely keep playing with it as well! Sincerely Synit.