1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kemono Race Mod 1.5

New race and over 50 hairstayles.

1. utayamato
    utayamato
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3b Upbeat Giraffe
    Really great sprites. Hope you're still working on this! I'd love to see it finished.
  2. sotoa
    sotoa
    5/5,
    Hello mod creator, thank you for making this mod. It has made my playthrough of starbound much more fun. I have a problem though, I cannot get the ship upgrade quests. Is this something that happens with all custom race mods? or a bug?
  3. tigermaster000
    tigermaster000
    5/5,
    Hey so i figured out a way to make this mod work....
    Dowload the updated Neko race mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/neko-race-mod-updated.3136/
    then once you do that open both the kemono race mod and neko race mod and go to both their respective humanoid files, delete the neko humanoid file and move the kemono humanoid file into the neko race mod folder, this in theory should work with just about every race mod if all you are looking to do is make your character in starbound look more a realistic furrie, unfortuanately i have no knowledge of obtaining a way to share the kemono mod lore with the respective neko race mod..... Enjoy ;)
  4. SoulEchelon
    SoulEchelon
    5/5,
    PLEASED GIRAFFE UPDATE PATCH HERE!
    I made a small patch that will update the Kemono race to work in the latest game update: http://puu.sh/jVGW6/d3c3c435a5.zip

Taken from the readme:

"Place folders inside KemonoRaceMod folder and overwrite all

Files editted:
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\ai.config.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\quests\kemonoftlrepair.questtemplate
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\quests\tutorial\questtemplate

Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradebeamaxe1.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradebeamaxe2.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradebeamaxe3.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradebeamaxe4.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradebeamaxe5.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradebeamaxe6.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship1.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship2.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship3.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship4.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship5.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship6.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship7.aicommand.patch
    Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\KemonoRaceMod\ai\upgradeship8.aicommand.patch

I'm in no way a modder nor do I know anything about modding Starbound. This "patch" was basically made from a "patch" created by Bigphil for the Ningen race mod. There is no support for this "patch", and I highly suggest immediately downloading the Kemono Pleased Giraffe update whenever it comes.

Enjoy! - SoulEchelon"

There is a small discussion in the Discussion tab going on about this currently (Starts at page 7) if you're worried about validity.
  5. Richand Doverson
    Richand Doverson
    5/5,
    I hope you update soon. I really enjoy using this mod on my server, and my friends and I are waiting to play until it's fixed!
  6. MysteriousCrate
    MysteriousCrate
    5/5,
    Please update this mod :(
    I wish i can play this mod again
  7. Vynarus
    Vynarus
    1/5,
    Keep receiving an error about NPCs on launch.
  8. Jadow
    Jadow
    5/5,
    Really Enjoying it, no bugs or flaws in animation <3
  9. bulinean
    bulinean
    5/5,
    nice
  10. Renjmon
    Renjmon
    5/5,
    Great . Just great .
  11. WWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWW
    4/5,
    This is my favorite race! Great sprites. I just wish more servers could use them in their mod compilations, would love to play this race online!
  12. fox0509
    fox0509
    4/5,
    Really great! but I wish you would add guard kemono spawners.
  13. xxXxLoneWolf310xXxx
    xxXxLoneWolf310xXxx
    5/5,
    My Dream has come true i can be a Wolf in Space!#Sexy
  14. Mujina
    Mujina
    5/5,
    Much care and time has been poured into every detail of this mod.
  15. kju8
    kju8
    5/5,
    Awesome!
  16. Ryan Draconis
    Ryan Draconis
    5/5,
    I will always love this mod and am happy to see the update. As always thank you for the excellent mod.
  17. Jerrin
    Jerrin
    5/5,
    ya a canine race love it thank you
  18. Kieron_59
    Kieron_59
    5/5,
    I'm so glad that there's a mod like this.
    Thanks.
  19. Jhun
    Jhun
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3a Upbeat Giraffe
    Thank you! One of my must have races.
  20. J_Mourne
    J_Mourne
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3a Upbeat Giraffe
    Excellent work! Not many race mods manage to look so good as yours.

I will repeat, as seeing it in the reviews helped me, that this mod -is- dependent on the Ningen mod. It's just a small inconvenience, once you realize what's going on.