1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage v1.5 (p1.2)

A lightweight system for auto-sorting + Hyperspace multi-containers. Works with any containers!

1. Wellbott
    This mod provides three new items, purchased at the Teleporter shop: the Broadcast Beacon, the Reception Beacon, and the Hyper-storage Beacon.

The Broadcast Beacon, when placed or interacted with, takes the first container beneath it keeps tabs on its contents. When it detects a change it reaches out to nearby Reception Beacons (see With Wiring below). These beacons in turn check their surroundings for containers, and check their contents: if a container is found, which contains a stack of items matching one in the Broadcast chest, then the item stack in the Broadcast chest will be sent into the other chest.

Wiring up your base is easy and painless, with no alteration to your containers! To dismiss, merely break the beacons, and their influence will be dispersed.

[​IMG]

The Broadcast network now supports a secondary sorting algorithm, which you can enable by interacting with the beacon.

When the network can't find an identical stack, it will look for a chest with a good "fit", by comparing all the items inside and generating an affinity score. This is based on the average similarities of the items in the chest - things like being both instruments or tools, shared weapon types, and shared object tags.

[​IMG]

The Hyper-storage Beacon links a container below it, like the Broadcast Beacon does, to all other Hyper-storage Containers (with the same size) on the planet. They will share a single linked inventory.

[​IMG]

When a container with items in it is added to the network, those items will be merged into the shared pool (any overflow will be dropped). Destroying the beacon will sever the container and empty its contents, as long as there is another container on the network; destroying a container will drop all the shared items and empty the pool instead.

The Details: When the Broadcast container detects a change in its contents, it reaches out to all Reception Beacons within a 100 block radius and checks in with them (nearest first). For each item it contains, it will look for a Reception chest (any container near a Reception beacon) which already has some of that item, and then transfer the stack there. If it can't find a suitable Reception container, or if the containers are all filled, it will just hold onto it and let you do the novel sorting.

Hyper-storage Beacons communicate with an external list of contents, which keeps them all on the same page. Take something from chest A, and it disappears from chest B. Beacons will come onto and drop off of the network depending on whether they have a valid target container, so the number of targeted chests is more important than the number of beacons.

With Wiring: You may have noticed that the Beacons are wired objects - the Broadcast Beacon has one outbound node, and the Receiver Beacon has one inbound node. If you wire two together, then the behavior of the Broadcast Beacon will change - it will now only look for Receptor containers near the connected Receptor Beacons, regardless of distance. Use for overlapping Broadcast Networks you want to keep separate, or to connect up a truly sprawling base full of chests.

Don't fill the Broadcast Container too fast, or you might see stacks shrinking! The script can only move so fast even if you keep spamming.

Does not modify the chests themselves, so will work with any container at all!

===>Please report any bugs in this thread!<===
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    qs820, Tc_Mc, iSnake77 and 19 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Patch 1.2
  2. Hyper-storage re-enabled
  3. 1.0 Update

Recent Reviews

1. gchristopher
    gchristopher
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (p1.2)
    The broadcast beacon is an immense quality-of-life improvement and should be part of the vanilla game!
  2. DarkwolfSweden
    DarkwolfSweden
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5
    I love this. Even though i cant seem to find the hyper storage thing.
  3. HSneak
    HSneak
    5/5,
    That is GREAT !! very useful ! Thank you :)
  4. angrboda_giantess
    angrboda_giantess
    5/5,
    I have no idea why something like this isn't already in the vanilla game. I love it so much. So easy to use. You're a genius!
  5. TheFloranChef
    TheFloranChef
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (Glad Giraffe)
    Very good mod! Thanks.
  6. ariennex
    ariennex
    5/5,
    This is amazing! Exactly what I needed! I was on the verge of giving up on this game because managing my inventory was so time consuming and boring, mostly because of my compulsive hoarding, but still! Perfect! I love it!
  7. otakuwrath
    otakuwrath
    5/5,
    Mod of the year right here buddy, Works great exactly what i needed, I don't think i can play without this.
  8. Noonu
    Noonu
    5/5,
    Awesome. This lets me focus more on exploring and finding stuff, less on putting things away.

I was really missing this kind of functionality from certain other games.
  9. gchristopher
    gchristopher
    5/5,
    This mod remedies the single biggest drawback in the game right now, in a very reasonable way. I hope Chucklefish considers something like this for the vanilla game!
  10. GhostFS
    GhostFS
    5/5,
    Very useful!!!
    Save a lot of time in chores, and it's not invasive as other solution