1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Insentience's Mines v1.03 (Angry Koala)

Remote triggered mines, Timed mines, and Proximity Mines!

1. Insentience
    Mines by Insentience

Current Version: v1.03

I have modded Mines into Starbound! Yay! This is an upgrade to my 'Proximity Mines' mod. These mines now have 3 settings:

Proximity mode, Timed mode, and Remote mode!

In Proximity Mode, an armed mine will detonate if someone approaches them. However, they only explode when armed and you can disarm a mine if you do it properly.

In Timed Mode, the mine will automatically trigger after a certain amount of time! (Currently set at 10 seconds)

In Remote Mode, you can manually detonate a mine with a switch from range!

The explosion triggered by mines are larger than bomb explosions, deal more damage, and can hurt the person who placed them (unlike regular bombs)!

Video demonstration:

Placing and setting a mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Note: As of v1.03, interacting with a remote mine sets it to timed mine mode, and interacting with a timed mine sets it to proximity mine mode)

[​IMG]

Mines require 2 Steel Bars, 2 regular bombs, 2 circuitboards, and 2 wires to craft. Mine switches require 2 Steel Bars, 2 wires, and 2 circuitboards to craft. Both are only craftable on a MetalWorks Station.

MOD REQUIREMENTS:

Starbound with Update v. Angry Koala 23/12/2013

(I will try to update as soon as each patch hits but please assume that for now if the version above is not the same as the most current version of Starbound, the mod is incompatible)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Extract the folder called 'mines' from the .zip archive and place it in your starbounds/mods folder.

UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Delete the folder called 'mines' from your starbounds/mods folder.

HOW TO USE:

1) Open your 'player.config' file (should be found in the starbounds/assets folder)

2) Scroll to where it says '"tier2" : ['

3) Hit enter and add ' { "item" : "mine" }, '

4) Hit enter again and add ' { "item" : "mineSwitch" }, '

I will make mines spawn in appropriate places in the future.

Future objectives:

1) Make the mine glow various colours depending on current state

2) Tossable mines (coded as throwables instead of placeable objects). This has to wait until projectiles/weapons are able to run .lua scripts

3) Throwing something at a mine, shooting a mine, or damaging a mine in some way sets the mine off.

Extra download link incase the website link doesn't work: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1r83jdnwryp1h7a

ENJOY!

I'm on twitter @lnsentience if you have any questions
    ahappydude likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. ModLoche9
    ModLoche9
    5/5,
    Version: v1.03 (Angry Koala)
    Add this to the base game with the author's permission.
    1. Insentience
      Author's Response
      If the Starbound Devs are interested in doing that, I would love it!
  2. ahappydude
    ahappydude
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02
    Nice update! Hmm whats that mine called from a call of duty game that when exploded shoot up in the air? Different types of these mines would be great, like, one that exploded with spikes, one with fire, acid, etc. Great work!
  3. ahappydude
    ahappydude
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Good work! Do you need a claymore sprite? would fit in starbound i think to, more traps= more fun haha
    1. Insentience
      Author's Response
      Claymore mine would be great! But I need to be able to stick proximity mines against walls and the ceiling first