1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Horstjs Larger Ships 1.3.2

Just another larger ship mod; all 6 vanilla races included!

1. Horstj
    Version: Enraged Koala

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    This mod is not going to be developed any further as I do not see any sense in that, because with Upbeat Giraffe larger ships are now a vanilla feature.

install: like any other mod: copy the H19_LargerShips-folder out of the .zip-file into your mods-folder.

Manually Update to Enraged Koala:
    open the .modinfo-file and replace "Beta v. Furious Koala" with "Beta v. Enraged Koala"

getting it to work:
    new charakters: install mod, than create new character, than the ship should be there.
    already existing characters: install mod, take everything from your ship that you wish to keep to a planet, ---WARNING! --- everything you leave on your ship will be lost!
    close Starbound, go to /Starbound/player and locate the .shipworld-file of your character (it has the same hexnumber as the .player-file in which you can find your characters name usually somewhere at the start of the first line). Now backup all the files of that character! After that delete the .shipworld-file. When you now restart and load that character they sould have the new ship; all you need to do now is to get all your stuff where you want it!

Just another larger playership, nothing special. This curently enlarges all vanilla ships in the game! If you want to use it for other races copy and rename the folder of the ship you want to use to match that race (e.g. floran to make it an floran ship).

Features: Apex, Avian, Floran, Glitch, Human and Hylotl ships with some more than two times the space inside as the stock ship;
    breakable shiplocker (so it can be 3d-printed); fuel storage enlarged to 5000 units of fuel (the stock one only has 1000); background-.png fitting the theme of the original stock ship (I used that as a base for this one); renamed the background-.png so it (hopefully) doesn't mess up old ships which use the original .sturcture.

Disclaimer: Mod is provided as is; backup your savegames and stuff; it should work and not break anything, but I cannot be held responsible if not!

How it looks (looks better ingame, had to compress due to size, as you can see I had to glue four screenshots together):
    howItLooksIngame2.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Shaku Arai, zerohero16 and chewfaimau like this.

Recent Updates

1. Enraged Koala Update
  2. The Flying Fish-Plant Update
  3. Glitchy Ape Update

Recent Reviews

1. Shaku Arai
    Shaku Arai
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.2
    Just what I was looking for. Ship is big enough to be useful but not too big so the game does not lag while in the ship. Perfect for lower spec machines like my laptop.
  2. Bridget
    Bridget
    5/5,
    Alright i figured it out. for custom races just put the ship files in the ship folders of your custom race. sorry I'm still a bit new! it works looks great thank you.
  3. ki11erryan
    ki11erryan
    3/5,
    Sorry man, but I don't think this works. I tried doing what the manual said, and it STILL doesn't work at all. Maybe you should try something else within the mod? Like maybe put in a ship inside a folder?
  4. srois777
    srois777
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Great mod and idea but for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get this mod to work on my current player even though I am deleting my .shipworld.file
    1. Horstj
      Author's Response
      Updated it to Enraged Koala, try again, please.
  5. MokonaModoki
    MokonaModoki
    5/5,
    love it just wish itd be updated so i could use my charters that i had with it
  6. Mr_AlexP8
    Mr_AlexP8
    5/5,
    i think it is a really good idea
  7. zarouki
    zarouki
    5/5,
    Good job
  8. elcastcze
    elcastcze
    5/5,
    Nice job :)
  9. Maks2123
    Maks2123
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Nice ship, not very original type of mod but this one Isn't overpowered big and is nice.
  10. Chrome Corgi
    Chrome Corgi
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Human ship extensions aren't very original, but I love the way this one looks, and I think the big open room on the lower right looks great for placing dividing walls and platforms to make it into a sort of onboard housing or a cargo bay. Great work.