1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated glowise v1.0.0

Adds the glow to ISE-3 ores

1. lunaticneko
    glowise
    Glowing ores for Starbound's ISE-3 mod

Introduction

Industrialization 3: Starbound Edition (ISE-3) by DraLUSAD _et al_ adds many functionalities into the game.
    With one of those things come new ore (Tin) and various gemstones as mine-able tiles.

However, these tiles are unfortunately not affected by ore illumination mods, such as Illuminated Ores by Amadox. This is because the ore illumination is done by JSON-patching the tiles files so that they emit radiant light.

Features

This mod, glowise, illuminates the ores introduced by ISE-3. That's it.

Requirements

You need ISE-3 to run this mod. You may want to get Illuminated Ores as well, because this mod does not illuminate vanilla ores, something Amadox (above) has already mastered.

Installation

Obtain this mod from Github Release system, accessed from the Download button in Starbound Community.

If you downloaded it as a ZIP, extract it in a way that you have a directory structure that has /starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/glowise/glowise.modinfo. It has to look like that or it won't work. I don't know how Github manages releases but I'll get around to do a .zip and .modpak releases whenever possible.

The ores should glow even on already-visited planets, as the patches target ore tiles and not world generation.

To uninstall, remove the starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/glowise directory or the modpak. There should be no error caused by uninstallation unless other mods depend on glowise and you break their requirements.

Issues

* Please recommend me with changes in parameters of each ISE-3 ore's glow. My taste in color (and my monitor) is not very good, so I'm working with what I feel good enough. If possible, please use Github's issues features or send a pull request.
    * This mod is strategically named to exploit Starbound's reverse-alphabetic (or "descending", you terminology geeks) mod load ordering because the modinfo dependency system is not functioning properly. I have added an include clause to the modinfo file (Thanks Dr_Capsaicin on Reddit) and it should mitigate the problem, but if you encounter anything please tell me. If something goes wrong in this case, the game won't crash but the ore won't glow.

Compatibility

I develop this mod on nightly. It should work all the way down to stable. If it doesn't, please tell me.

I tested this mod on an existing character and an existing planet, and it works fine.

Threats to compatibility include ISE-3 adding/removing/changing ore tiles files, and Starbound changing their mod load order structure. I will do my best to keep glowise compatible with latest ISE-3 on Starbound nightly.

Licensing

Thanks to DraLUSAD, ISE-3's author, for the confirmation of permission to *PATCH* the mod. NO ENDORSEMENT OR AFFILIATION IS IMPLIED.

Further licensing information is provided below.

Regardless of permissions from this mod, attribution is required, and you must respect ISE-3's (and any other upstream mods') guidelines on modpack compilation and asset use.

Contact

If you have a Github account, please use it as it's easier for me to track the progress of the issue that way. But, if you prefer to contact me via PM, that's fine, too.

Recent Reviews

1. Cheezemaniac
    Cheezemaniac
    4/5,
    Version: v1.0.0
    Great mod, only contains ISE-3 Ores for now, interested in what I could further offer.
    1. lunaticneko
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much for your review.

glowise is targeted only on ISE-3 ores because it's the only mod (with ores) that I play. If there are requests or something I can make another mod, and then optionally a modpack that combines everything. I will figure out the best way to keep this modular (so it's easy for development and you install as few kilobytes as possible) yet integrated (so fewest number of downloads for all of you if possible).