1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Estus Flasks 1.03a

One part Dark Souls conversion, one part "better bandages" mod!

1. Kyrosiris
    [​IMG]

The Estus Flasks mod is built off of one part admiration and graciously provided permission from Niyeaux and JDJay on /r/starbound, as well as one part desire to stem the frustration of bandages not scaling with the large amounts of increased HP that higher-tier armors grant you.

[​IMG]

This mod adds one new crafting station, the bonfire, as well as five extra tiers of estus flask (as well as the base flask, which is the same as a standard bandage). Flasks are still made with plant fibre in the absence of a better idea to use (and for ease of transition for people who have scores of fibre available). Each tier of flask unlocks on even-number tech tiers - using the Mk.2 starmap upgrade unlocks Estus Flask +1s, and so forth. The intent is that if you are using up-to-date armor and up-to-date estus flasks, you should never need to use more than five flasks to go from 1 HP to full HP.

[​IMG]

This mod is compatible with Offended Koala's .modinfo system, and can simply be extracted into your Starbound/mods directory.

Credit for the spritework goes to Niyeaux (for Estus Flasks) and JDJay (for the bonfire). Special thanks to Vib Rib for pointing out mistakes along the way.

Praise the sun!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    KieroAshkore and Red Who like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Flare2
    Flare2
    5/5,
    Version: 1.03a
    @LekramG There's already a Dark Souls weapon/armor mod for starbound.
  2. Semperverus
    Semperverus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02
    I love this mod! It's awesome to have the bonfire and the estus flasks.

I do have a problem in that my brother crashes whenever he triest o port to my ship though. Also, would it be possible to make the estus flasks behave more like the actual ones, where you get 5, 10, 20 uses before reaching a bonfire, and get +1, +2, etc flasks when you find firekeeper souls dropped by mobs? That would be awesome. I love you!
    1. Kyrosiris
      Author's Response
      While it'd definitely be nice, I don't know that the mechanics for a charge system exist right now. I suppose I could make each craft give you 5, 10, 20, etc. flasks (and charge a consummate amount of plant fiber), though.
  3. LekramG
    LekramG
    5/5,
    Version: 1.01
    This is a really cool mod. I'm a big fan of Dark Souls. I would also like to see some armor and weapons from the game too. :)