1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Energy/Light Bridges Enraged Koala 1.21

Halo inspired energy bridges!

1. Julyuary
    Alternate download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/935litq4rutk1m0/Energy%20Bridges%20V1-21.rar
    @Daitenshi much thanks for ideas for balancing and future features
    Bridge Attachments
    Bridge attachments are blocks that change the behavior of the bridge when placed in the background behind its emitter.
    [​IMG]

Attachments can be placed in a 4x4 region behind the emitter object, with a maximum amount of attachments that depends on the tier of the emitter (see below for details).
    [​IMG]

The range mod attachment adds 20 blocks to the length of a bridge with every attachment. Costs 10 coal and 1 steel block to create.

[​IMG]

The conveyor mod attachment turns a bridge into a conveyor and increases its speed with every attachment. Costs 5 coal and 1 steel block to create.

The amount of attachments that can be applied to a bridge at once depends on the tier of the attachment. The attachment unlocks are as follows:

Tier 1 - Steel Emitter (0 max attachments)
    Tier 3 - Golden Emitter (3 max attachments)
    Tier 5 - Platinum Emitter (6 max attachments)
    Tier 7 - Cerulium Emitter (9 max attachments)
    Tier 9 - Rubium Emitter (12 max attachments)
    Tier 10 - Impervium Emitter (16 max attachments)

Energy/Light Bridges

This mod will introduce energy bridges into the game. Energy bridges are bridges made from solid light and are able to be created/destroyed with ease.

How to Use

Energy bridge emitters can be crafted at a metalwork station, with the steel bridge emitter being immediately available to you from the first tier.

[​IMG]

Usage of an energy bridge is simple. Just place it like a normal object, and interact with it to spawn/despawn a bridge in the direction that the emitter is facing. The higher tier the emitter, the longer the energy bridge will be. Energy bridges must be placed on an edge to function. The gif below shows usage of a steel emitter, which has the shortest range.

[​IMG]

Emitters are wired, so they can also be activated using wired objects.

[​IMG]

Bridge emitters are unlocked every two tiers, with the exception of the impervium emitter, which is unlocked at tier 10. Crafting a bridge emitter requires the same materials as higher tier lights, but with the addition of fuel. The tier unlocks are as follows:

Tier 1 - Steel Emitter (20 blocks long)
    Tier 3 - Golden Emitter (40 blocks long)
    Tier 5 - Platinum Emitter (60 blocks long)
    Tier 7 - Cerulium Emitter (80 blocks long)
    Tier 9 - Rubium Emitter (100 blocks long)
    Tier 10 - Impervium Emitter (120 blocks long)

Installation

Just extract the "Energy Bridges" folder from the zip file provided in the download to your Starbound/mods folder.

Known bugs:
    • You may have to remove your emitter and place it again
    • Impervium conveyors do not function properly underground
    • You may have to reuse starmap/tech upgrades to unlock emitters if you have already used a number of them before installing this mod.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Trying again..
  2. Enraged Koala
  3. Conveyor Attachments

Recent Reviews

1. Varriount
    Varriount
    5/5,
    Version: 1.21
    Very well done. A good fit for my high-tech floating castle.
  2. Shadewarp
    Shadewarp
    5/5,
    Version: 1.21
    Awesome mod! This will have a lot of useful applications! Thank you for making this!

If you could make pixels and other drops move along with the conveyer bridge, your mod would become the number 1 source for pixel farming machines! :)
  3. The Iron Rose
    The Iron Rose
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Awesome but you uh, didn't actually fix the compatibility for Enraged Koala
    1. Julyuary
      Author's Response
      Uploaded the older version by mistake. My bad!
  4. morbo
    morbo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Great mod, no question
  5. Asymetrikon
    Asymetrikon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Nice Idea. I really like it.
  6. jevonski
    jevonski
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I broke the energy bridge unit while it was active and now I can't destroy the bridge, I should have turned it off first xD

I love the mod though excellent work.
    1. Julyuary
      Author's Response
      Sorry, it's a bug that I've been aware of. I was going to push the fix out with the next update which is coming pretty soon, but I'll push it out when I'm out of school. Also, setting your emitter back down and toggling it off will remove the bridge. My apologies!
  7. peng5629
    peng5629
    5/5,
    AWESOME. now i can troll mods by putting lava under it then turning off the anergy bridge XD
  8. Daitenshi
    Daitenshi
    5/5,
    Great Mod! Can't wait to see what you have planned for future updates!
  9. CJfoks
    CJfoks
    5/5,
    Reminds me of Light bridges from Portal 2.
    Anyway good job with this mod.
  10. jfe2
    jfe2
    5/5,
    Such a great idea. It fits into this game perfectly!