1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Early Game Guns Mod - By Don_ v. 0.1.1

[Updated 19/12-13] - Sharpshootin' with the rifle!

1. Don_
    Heya.

I felt the lack of guns for the early tiers of the game was somewhat jarring, so I have made a mod that adds some, in a hopefully somewhat balanced way.
    I've tried to keep the low-tech feel of the first tier with them.

Currently, this mod adds a Flintlock pistol:
    [​IMG]

a Blunderbuss:
    [​IMG]

a revolver (Tier 2):
    [​IMG]

and a rifle (tier 2):
    [​IMG]

As well as the "Crusher", a machine which is integral in the creation of blackpowder, but also doubles as an early game type of ore refinement.

------- [ Installing the Mod ] -------

1). Download the eggmod.zip archive
    (Download mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fgb1zwe3886nyrw/eggmod v 0.1.1.zip)

2). Unpack it, and mode the eggmod folder to your Starbound mods folder. (Usually at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound for windows 7, or somewhere around there. If you are having trouble finding it, open steam, right click "Starbound", click properties --> local files --> browse local files)

3). Done. Start up Starbound and enjoy!

------- [ The mod - Tutorial ] -------

First up, you are going to want to make a Crusher
    [​IMG]

This item can be used to grind up Coal, to coal dust, which can be made into blackpowder at the crafting table (this is a temporary recipe)

Now, you need to craft a gunbarrel at an anvil.
    [​IMG]

Now you can make either of the 2 guns on a regular Crafting Table. Enjoy!

------- [ The Crusher ] -------

Apart from grinding up coal dust, the crusher can also be used for ore refinement.
    2 pieces of ore inserted into the crusher gives you 3 pieces of Ore slag, which can be smelted in a regular furnace at a rate of 2 slag -> ingot, thus increasing your yield per ore.
    [​IMG]

I am working on a higher tier refinement machine, that'll increase the yield a bit further.

------------

~Don_

Recent Reviews

1. Gabrielcorso
    Gabrielcorso
    5/5,
    Version: v. 0.1.1
    That's a great mod,i think that it should be implemented on vanilla.
    Thank you for making this :)
  2. LKHH
    LKHH
    5/5,
    Version: 0.0.99
    Pretty great mod!