1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated DotaTech 0.4

Bringing Dota 2 to Starbound

1. Nekoyoubi
    This mod is a growing repository of items, objects, and concepts from the Dota 2 game/realm made conveniently pixelated for your universe spelunking enjoyment.

I have a pretty steep roadmap for this mod, but here are a few things that you can expect to find in your travels so far:

• Meepo's Shovel - a hard hitting, but slow mining tool (mines a 4x4)
    • Timbersaw's Broken Blade - the fastest axe you've ever seen! (probably)
    • Bloodseeker's Hood - a hood (possibly fell off a little girl) that increases run speed and suppresses hunger
    • Tinker's Workshop - a robotic crafting table, metalwork station, and tabula rasa all wrapped up into one
    • The Keeper's Glow - a back item that illuminates the area extremely well
    • Alchemist's Money Maker - a sword that turns your enemies tears into pixels
    • Crystal Maiden's Uggs - a warm and cozy pair of boots with an added energy regen bonus
    • Tangos - tree berries! (food and a health regen)
    • Dota 2 Logo - wall art for the hardcore fanboy
    • Shopkeeper's Chest - a 24-slot chest with a very "Dota-esque" feel
    • Wyrm Shield of Uldorak - the Dragon Knight's shield (heals when blocking)
    Many other items are on the way, but those should all be working as intended.

For the record, this is NOT a mod that adds a bunch of new overpowered stuff for you to craft up for pennies to go and pwn the universe. Instead, this mod will allow you to find all kinds of new overpowered stuff so you can go pwn the universe. ;)

I've added the Shopkeeper's Chest into the basic chest placement system to allow you to find things in an organic nature. I did not, however, remove the standard chests, so you'll probably have to scour a planet or two to find some cool stuff.

Please let me know what you think and anything else you would like to see cross over. Again, I have many more things planned, but I'm always open to hear your suggestions. Thanks, and enjoy!

- Lance @ Nekoyoubi Games

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Aquamanic4 made an awesome review video for DotaTech! Check it out...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a couple of screenshots from during development. I will take more as requested, needed, or appropriate. ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Tyl Regor
    Tyl Regor
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4
    update plz
  2. Whiskygirl
    Whiskygirl
    5/5,
    I love it!
  3. TrinkJoe
    TrinkJoe
    5/5,
    Pretty good mod, thanks a lot!!
  4. DenDevil130
    DenDevil130
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    Thanks! You do what i wanted! :D
  5. jmfusion
  6. DenDevil130
    DenDevil130
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Awesome! Can you make a bloodseeker hood please?
    1. Nekoyoubi
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the high praise! I was planning on adding quite a few purely cosmetic items, so I don't see why this couldn't get worked in there. ;) You do mean this one, right? http://i.imgur.com/8D0q3uo.jpg (a render of Bloodseeker I did a while back)