1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Crispy's Food & Crops v15 Enraged Koala

Discontinued mod. Aims to improve and expand on food and crop related things.

1. CrispyBlockland
    [​IMG]

This page may not reflect what is in the mod, please check the updates tab.

This mod is discontinued.

Look for a mod called "Crispy's FoodStuffs" which aims to totally remake this from the ground up.

Expansions
    Download some expansions for this mod. They are called expansions because they add more stuff to this mod while being more compatible with other mods.

[​IMG]
    ^Shadowbulb^

Variety Is The Spice Of The Universe Expansion (v3)
    Download: Crispy's Food & Crops - Vitsotu Expansion v3.zip
    Vitsotu's page: Variety is the Spice of the Universe
    This expansion allows for treasure and crops to appear in Vitsotu planets.
    It also introduces the Shadowbulb crop to the universe which can only be found on Umbra worlds.
    Last updated on July 28th, 2014

Frackin Flora Expansion (v4)
    Download: Crispy's Food & Crops - FF Expansion v4.zip
    Frackin Flora's page: Frackin-Flora
    This expansion allows for treasure and crops to appear in Frackin Flora planets.
    It also introduces the Shadowbulb crop to the universe which can only be found on penumbra worlds.
    It also adds food items and juices which can be made with Frackin Flora food items.
    Last updated on August 13th, 2014

New Crops
    [​IMG]
    You can now grow five new crops! These crops generate in the wild, just like the crops already in the game. To farm these, you have to find them!
    [​IMG] Apples are already in vanilla, but now they are growable. Not only that, but the crop can sometimes even give you a green apple, which are unobtainable in vanilla!
    [​IMG] Oranges are unobtainable in vanilla, but now they have been brought to life and are also growable!
    [​IMG] Pumpkins, a totally new crop, have been added. These can be used to make food and decorative objects.
    [​IMG] Cocoa pods, a totally new crop, have been added. These are mainly used to make chocolate.
    [​IMG] Jelons. "What the heck is a jelon?" Good question! You know all that strange alien produce that are in starbound already? Well, I decided to try to come up with an original idea. Jelons were the result. Jelons are blue gelatin fruits invented by Apex scientists.
    [​IMG] When you harvest a wild mushroom you now get a mushroom spore. You can grow mushrooms! They are also edible and can be used to make various food products.
    [​IMG] Yeast, while technically not a crop, is growable and can be used for various things.
    [​IMG] There's also some other general improvements to crops. Try to find them all!

Birthday Cakes!
    [​IMG]
    A placeable birthday cake has been introduced, which when destroyed will drop four slices. Share it with your friends!
    You can also dye it for more colors.
    Speaking of cakes, this mod fixes the cake's recipe to use eggshoots instead of eggs!

Pizza!
    [​IMG]
    Placeable pizzas have been added, and a new pizza type has been introduced! Each pizza drops eight of its respective pizza slices!
    To avoid confusion, the default pizza item has been renamed to small pizza.

Tiles
    You can make more blocks using chocolate, sugar, pumpkins, and other things!

Jack 'o Lanterns
    [​IMG]
    Pumpkins can be used to craft these super sp00ky decorative objects.

Cooked Produce
    You can throw some of your produce directly into a campfire and they will turn into a tasty snack!
    [​IMG] All new cookable produce are potatoes, diodias, eggshoots, tomatos, grapes, automatos, bananas, corn, and mushrooms!
    [​IMG] Cooked eggshoots can also be used to make various cooked egg related food.
    Bread can be cooked to make toast too.

Golden Produce
    [​IMG] Throughout your travels you will learn to craft golden apples, carrots, and bananas!

Meat
    [​IMG] Fish and meat chunks are now cookable. There's also a few graphic improvements.
    [​IMG] You are now required to cook your meat before you use it to make a burger.
    And if you're one of those weird types, you can cook brains as well.

Drinks
    [​IMG] Eggnog, time for Christmas!
    [​IMG] Ale, for making you tipsy.
    [​IMG] Honey, a sweet delicious syrup-like liquid.
    And lots of juices!

Juicer
    [​IMG]
    A new crafting station called the Juicer has been made. The interface is just like a furnace, but you just throw some produce in there and you could end up with a delicious juice. Or not delicious...

Hylotl Specials
    Some oriental things to get your mouth happy!
    [​IMG] Pho
    [​IMG] Pad Thai
    [​IMG] Sake

Generic Soups
    [​IMG] Fish soup, for when you want a snack that does not smile back.
    [​IMG] Mushroom soup, for when you don't like/have fish or when you're a hylotl and don't want to be a cannibal.

Pasta
    [​IMG] Everyone loves pasta. You can craft a food ingredient called Fresh Pasta, which is then used to make pasta meals. These meals include macaroni and cheese, tomato pasta, and some race-specific pastas such as banana pasta and automato pasta.

Desserts!
    [​IMG] Pumpkin pie. Thankfully, it doesn't taste like pumpkins.
    [​IMG] You can make lots of different kinds of cookies!
    [​IMG] You can also make some kinds of puddings.
    [​IMG] Marshmallows are craftable and can be cooked at a cooking station.

Treasure
    Around the universe you will find treasure chests with stuff from this mod. You will also find books with secret compartments and recipes, and don't forget the burlup sacks containing yeast and crops!

I simply can't fit everything this mod has in here. Download and see what you can find! Don't forget to download the expansions at the top, which can improve your gameplay when using other mods.

To be done
    Fix bugs, if any.
    Pumpkin helmet.
    More uses for all existing produce.
    Add gelatin desserts made with jelons.
    More food items, please give me suggestions.

Special thanks to:
    TheBigBlueSerpent, SweFox, and sayter!

DISTRIBUTION: (based on nexus mods)
    1. All the assets in this file belong to me, or are from free-to-use modder's resources
    2. You can upload this file to other sites but you must credit me as the creator of the file
    3. You can convert this file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the creator of the file
    4. You are allowed to modify my files and release bug fixes or improve on the features so long as you credit me as the original creator
    5. You are allowed to use the assets in this file without permission as long as you credit me
    6. You are not allowed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms

In short: You can do anything with this as long as you give me credit, and do not sell my content.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. DDSilver
    DDSilver
    5/5,
    Version: v15 Enraged Koala
    I love this mod
    As a farmer type character
    I have the ore farming mod so I don't have to go underground too often, and this sets me on food.

One suggestion though, add in Fruit on certain trees, make up fruits you can have spawn on trees and when you hit it it falls off the tree and you can harvest it but not replant it.
  2. subscrool
    subscrool
    5/5,
    This is great! I can place my pizza on a table and let it rot by itself.
  3. Athilea
    Athilea
    5/5,
    I love the concept. I really like having food to place for more decor.
  4. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Version: v13 Enraged Koala
    Nothing quite like a nice, warm glass of .... blister pus? lol. Well done :)
  5. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    5/5,
    Version: v11 Enraged Koala
    I came here for pie. All I got was pumpkin pie.
    ಠ_ಠ
  6. Yumebi
    Yumebi
    5/5,
    Version: v10 Enraged Koala
    Thank you so much for making this.
    It kind of bugged me that you couldn´t just fry things in the fireplace before - et voila the solution ♥
  7. SoulOfSorin
    SoulOfSorin
    5/5,
    Version: v9 Enraged Koala
    A very smart mod with very good art.
    Also a interesting way to get apples or oranges faster for StarBooze users. I love the jelons anyway.
    If you're open to suggestions i will propose :
    - Beans (and canned beans)
    - Artichoke (because why not?)
    - Mandragora
    - Hydrponic support (modern / no dirt-looking tillable soil)
    I you're not open to suggestions ... Well i'm only sharing ideas :3
    Good job, i want to see what's next.
    1. CrispyBlockland
      Author's Response
      You're always free to suggest some things, but don't be angry if I don't do them, this is my mod afterall. Those are really great idea though.

Also check out the Avalii race mod. It has a transparent orange hydroponic block. You can find them in their settlements.
  8. Efa43
    Efa43
    5/5,
    Version: v9 Enraged Koala
    Yay! Now I can finally grow apples and oranges. And the addition of a Juicer was a great idea! I'm interested to see what you do with Jelons... good work!
  9. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Version: v7 - Enraged Koala
    Great start. Biome spawn merging is a great addition, since now it works in tandem with my own mod as well as MoreFood, etc.

Keep up the good work :)
  10. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2.1
    Excellent indeed...may I ask if I can have the permission to implement this modification in a modification pack?
    1. CrispyBlockland
      Author's Response
      Please inbox me with some specifics about this mod pack. Throw it all at me, then I'll decide.