1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated CJacobs' Better Lantern Backpacks [Sprite mod] 1.1.0

Now with extra festive candy canes!

1. CJacobs
    I like the look of the lantern backpack, but I feel like it's a little out of place in comparison to the sleek metal of the higher tiers of armor... Thus, I decided to make my first texture mod:

[​IMG]

This mod changes the Lantern Backpack and its inventory item icon to one of five things:
    • A metal 7-shaped pole! [new in v1.1]
    • An actual backpack! [new in v1.1]
    • A festive candy cane!
    • A gray, cleaner stick!
    • The Penetrator from the Saints Row series (because why not)!

This mod includes the text files for the lantern in its replacement folders, but does not actually change anything there. The item is still crafted with the same recipe in all cases; the only change is in the item's appearance.

Download it here. Install instructions are in the README file, which you should in fact read!

ALSO OF NOTE: I am taking suggestions for future replacements! If you'd like me to turn the lantern backpack into something else please let me know and I might just get on it!

VARIOUS IN-CASE-OF-ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING:
    • My game hangs on the loading screen!
      • Make sure you close Starbound 100% when installing, uninstalling, or copying folders to/from this mod. This means closing the launcher and making sure Steam does not have you labeled as ingame.
      • If the game continues to hang on the loading screen after trying again, the issue may be fixed if you move your backed up folder OUT of the game files folder.
    • The replacement didn't work!
      • Check the game folder in order to make sure the files were copied to the correct directory. I've checked and doublechecked that the file structures are correct but it may be my error, in which case feel free to let me know and I'll fix it in the main download.
    • The Penetrator is inappropriate and offends me!
      • This isn't really a troubleshooting error... but there's really nothing I can do about that. Just don't use it, I suppose!
    Ebon_Wolf likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Two more backpacks added!

Recent Reviews

1. felixminecat
    felixminecat
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    I like it, but could you make it an actual mod instead if having to change the textures in the assets folder by unpacking and repacking, its very tedious and I wish I could just have it all in a single mod.
  2. yk999
    yk999
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    good