1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Character Creation Species Extension 1.1.1

Adds 48 more species slots to the character creation screen!

1. Ganondude
    About:
    This mod adds an additional 48 species slots to the character creation screen, allowing for up to 48 different mod races to be installed and selected at any time.

SpeciesExtension2.png

The species buttons will automatically fill starting in the left section, below the vanilla species buttons.

Too many species slots? Try one of these:
    Simple Extended Character Creation Mod has 21 slots!
    Xbawks Mode Character Creator has 36 slots!

Installation:
    Simply download the .zip file and extract the "Species Extension" folder to your Starbound mod directory.
    ex. /steamapps/common/Starbound/mods

Mod Compatibility:
    All you need to do to make your species show up in this menu is to set the "playerSpecies" value in your race's .species file. The third line of your .species file should look like this (you will need to remove the "id" value):

playerSpecies.png

Adding this mod as a dependency:
    1. Open up your mod's .modinfo file.
    2. Locate the "dependencies" entry and add "SpeciesExtension" (quotes included).
    It should look like this:
    "dependencies" : [ "SpeciesExtension" ]

Troubleshooting:
    If the new species you are adding is dependent on a different character creation mod:
    1. Open the folder for that mod and locate the .modinfo file.
    2. Remove the relevant entry from the "dependencies" field in the .modinfo file.

If the buttons don't show up in the right places on the character creation screen:
    This is likely the result of a race trying to add its own button. You may have to follow these steps for all installed races.
    1. Open the race mod's folder and find the "interface" folder.
    ex. Starbound/mods/MODNAME/interface
    2. If present, delete the "windowconfig" folder.
    If that doesn't fix it, continue reading:
    3. Open the "title" folder, found in the "interface" folder.
    4. If present, delete the image called "charactercreation".
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Xordaii, User011232 and mannyjb like this.

Recent Updates

1. Enraged Koala
  2. Furious Koala

Recent Reviews

1. Xordaii
    Xordaii
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    I know there are other mods out there... This one just strikes me as best design. It also allows the most races. I love the balance, with half of the added gui on each side. I think it would be unbalanced if the species were all on one side or the other. 5 stars because I have not had any problems ever with this mod, it is so well laid out, and because the overall gui design is polished (for my tastes.)
  2. ErAgon102
    ErAgon102
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    It's cool mod! Thank the author very much!
  3. Regal Alchemist
    Regal Alchemist
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Simply Amazing i love playing the many other player created races. Great job on this mod
  4. JakeZ
    JakeZ
    5/5,
    This mod really needs more attention. By far the best Species Extension mod on the site. I was using the one that's popular for a while and then switched to this one and I have so much room for new species now!
  5. icefire82G
    icefire82G
    2/5,
    Pretty redundant, considering there's already 2 other species-adding mods like this out there. It's also not very aesthetically pleasing, considering it's slowly driving me crazy how unaligned it is. I also don't like how there's a big gap between the sets of buttons. I mean really, all of that space could have been modified to that you could maybe, oh I don't know, have more buttons? I think I'll stick to the already existing ones, thanks. I think it's pretty nice you at least tried. And for a first mod, you did pretty good, though you should probably abandon this before other people start bashing you about how it's "Obviously stolen from the SECC mod". It's not really nice to take other peoples work like that, you know? Okay I've rambled long enough. I have my fingers crossed that you don't somehow get in trouble over this.
    1. Ganondude
      Author's Response
      I assume you're talking about the upper-left section when you say it's unaligned; space was left for the Novakid race, though as we have no idea when they're coming out I agree that it wasn't necessary. The gap between the species buttons on the left is to divide the vanilla races from the mod, and the gap on the right is for the sake of symmetry. I'm not sure what you mean by "stolen from SECC"; the graphic style was based on the vanilla character creation screen, and while I may not have been the first to make a species slot extension, it's something anyone can see is necessary if they try to make or use a custom race.
  6. nick9702
    nick9702
    5/5,
    I love this mod, it's so awesome, thanks for the new species!
  7. Silverforte
    Silverforte
    5/5,
    Much needed.