1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Breakable Ship Objects 1.0.2

Make ship objects, like Ship Locker, breakable and rearrangable

1. dantronix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Version 1.0.2 / Enraged Koala

This mod allows you to remove ship objects, such as the Ship Locker, and rearrange them in any order you desire.
    breakables2.gif breakables.gif

Use
    New Characters:

All new characters can remove the following from their ship just by starting a new game.

Ship Locker
    shiplocker.png
    Teleporter Pad
    teleporter.png
    Tech Station
    techstation.png
    Fuel Hatch
    fuelhatch.png
    Captain's Chair
    apexcaptainschair.png

Established Characters:
    If you have an established character already:
    1. Take everything from your current ship and place it on the planet you're on or in your personal inventory. Exit game.
    2. Go to your Starbound-Directory, open the "player" Folder and delete the .shipworld file (for your character only. The last character played is usually the top set of files.)
    3. Start game again and your character can now remove the items, mentioned above.
    Thanks to user, Lordanar1337 for these instructions...

This mod allows you to remove ship items without having to replace your entire ship. Want to be able to replace your entire ship? Check out the Fully Customizable Ship mod.

Installation Instructions
    Remove any prior versions of the mod and extract the "Breakable Ship Objects" folder into the mods directory, under your game installation folder. Typically, this is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\.

So, the destination folder should be something like this:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\Breakable Ship Objects\

Warnings:
    The Breakable Ship Objects mod is made for vanilla ships. If you are using custom ship mods like Madtulip's Spaceship, Fully Customizable Ship, or Dreadnought Whatevers, please don't use the Breakable Ship Objects mod.

The purpose of this mod is to allow you to rearrange these items or use them on a planet, instead. If you lose or delete them, you may not be able to use your ship anymore. E.g. Captains chair allows you to travel to other planets. You won't go anywhere without it.

Additional Information
    Tested in Enraged Koala, in Windows only. Please let me know if you have issues.

Notice of credit where credit is due: My mod appears to be nearly identical to Ship Item Tweaks mod with a few small exceptions. I have not tried that mod. I needed this capability for Modulars but I couldn't find any mods when I searched, before creating this one. I will keep this mod in place for those that prefer it over the alternatives.

Feedback
    I make mods for features that I would like to have but I truly appreciate the fact that you might enjoy them as well. Please feel free to review, rate, and make suggestions. Your feedback is much appreciated and, based on my available time, could easily influence the direction of my mods. Thank you!

Release Log

Version 1.0.2

Unpacked .pak file to fix problem caused by EK Unstable version 639 (Update 6)

Version 1.0.1
    • Updated usage instructions
    • Created .pak file
    • Updated links back to mod home playstarbound.com
    Version 1.0

First release. All new!

All Dantronix Mods
    Interesting Starter Swords
    [​IMG]

Invisible Clothes
    [​IMG]

Real Ninja Stuff
    [​IMG]

Modulars
    [​IMG]

Ridiculous Giant Effing Swords
    [​IMG]

Jesus H. Christ
    [​IMG]

Chicken Tosser
    [​IMG]

Breakable Ship Objects
    [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    TheZero, chewfaimau and Lordanar1337 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. xToxicSnowmanx
    xToxicSnowmanx
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2
    penis
    1. dantronix
  2. shadowthh
    shadowthh
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1
    Doesn't seem to work with Novakid+ mod
    1. dantronix
      Author's Response
      Sorry, I have not addressed any of the add-on races with this mod. I will look into it. Thanks for pointing this out.
  3. Lordanar1337
    Lordanar1337
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Pro-Tip: Take everything from your current Ship, place it on the planet you're on, go to your Starbound-Directory, open the "player" Folder and delete the .shipworld. Log In with your current character and you can remove anything!
    1. dantronix
      Author's Response
      Superb! I shall add this to the description. Thanks, pro!