1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Bow of Epirus 2.3.4 (v. Enraged Koala)

Wield the power of the gods!

1. Serok
    UPDATE ON THE WAY, CURRENT VERSION DOES NOT WORK

[​IMG]

An extremely powerful bow of legend, the Bow of Epirus packs quite a punch for whomever wields it.
    • Gravity barely effects its arrows that materialize upon draw of the string, allowing extremely accurate shots from distance and against aerial foes.
    • Impact features a strong concussive blast, breaking terrain and damaging any enemies within its radius.
    • Legend says that a schematic to the superior Bow of Epirus still exists... Best place to start looking is... the universe.
    • A blueprint for the Workstation of legend, the Tablet of Epirus, has been rumored to be floating around Sector X. The only way to unlock the full potential of the Bow of Epirus, is to find this Tablet.
    • Combine the Bow of Epirus with the newly rumored Quiver of Epirus, which has been spotted in Sector X as well. One who wears it becomes ever more powerful.
    The recipe to an inferior version is known, but it is up to you to find the schematic with which to bring out the full potential.
    @ Metalworking Station or Tabula Rasa:

Bow of Epirus (Eroded)
    1200 Pixels
    25 Titanium Bars
    10 Silver Bars
    10 Steel Bars
    5 Gold Bars
    3 Diamonds

[​IMG]

If you want even more bows or power, then you are in luck! More Bows of Power has the answer to all of your wants for more bows... of power!

Install Instructions:
    1. Download the .zip file
    2. Extract into \mods folder
    3. Play Starbound!
    4. Craft
    5. Wreak havoc
    As of v1.1, the Bow of Epirus can now be crafted at the Tabula Rasa, a unified crafting solution for all mod content. Check it out here. However, it will bypass the blueprint functionality of this mod. See Update 1.4 notes.

To Do:

Add custom blueprint item for stronger variant
    Incorporate a special crafting station meant for the bow
    Limit levels which you can receive the blueprint
    Add other bow types?

Figure out a glow effect for the bow
    Add Images and a Video to this page?

Changelog:

2.3.4 - Compatibility w/ Enraged Koala
    2.3.3 - Treasurepool fixes.
    2.3 - Even more treasurepool tweaks, compatibility with More Bows of Power
    2.2 - Treasurepool Sector based Drop limiting Fix (Hopefully)
    2.1.1 - Quiver recipe fix
    2.1 - Quiver of Epirus added
    2.0.2 - Projectile Speed Increase, larger explosion animation
    2.0.1 - Hotfix for Treasurepool files
    2.0 - Complete Treasurepool Redux (See Update 2.0 Notes)
    1.5 - Tablet of Epirus added, Small drop chance tweaks.
    1.4.3 & 1.4.4 - More drastic drop rate balances to the blueprint, also limit drop finds to Sector X (Levels 5 - 10)
    1.4.1 & 1.4.2 - Drop rate balances for Blueprint, added chance to find on a Wizard Merchant.
    1.4 - Blueprint functionality added for superior variant
    1.3 - Added weaker variant, another balance redux (recipe, damage)
    1.2 - Huge Balance Redux (recipe, damage)
    1.1.1 - Recipe Re Balance, Projectile Speed Fixed
    1.1 - Added Tabula Rasa Compatibilty.
    1.0.1 - Fixed broken compression method.
    1.0 - Initial Release.

I am completely open to suggestions and any critical feedback. If the weapon feels too powerful for it's recipe requirement (and also the fact it is meant to be a godly weapon, but not too far out of reach recipe wise), I am willing to re balance as needed! As of right now, it is a Tier 8 Weapon, with theoretical Tier 11 power, based on its recipe.

Though I kindly ask, if you find a bug, please tell me before writing a review stating the mod is broken and terrible. I would appreciate it!

Have fun!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. .Ace.
    .Ace.
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2 (v. Furious Koala)
    nice mod
  2. fkrause
    fkrause
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2 (v. Furious Koala)
    not bad...
  3. Qqhhjj
    Qqhhjj
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.1 (v. Furious Koala)
    This mod is so good. I don't know why in alpha sector, the monsters are dropping the three blueprints D: Sorry for my bad english
    1. Serok
      Author's Response
      Hmmm... I really need to figure this out! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  4. AhmedAngel
    AhmedAngel
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5 (v. Furious Koala)
    Glad to see the bluprints stop dropping
    1. Serok
      Author's Response
      It was a little rough there for a while. I'm glad you're glad!
  5. MasterofKittens
    MasterofKittens
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Good mod, balancing is being worked out well and helpful/responsive author.
  6. Forged1212
    Forged1212
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Seems a balanced bow. Would like to see other bows with different effects besides Explosive.
  7. MANIAC99
    MANIAC99
    2/5,
    Version: 1.0
    It could've been a good mod, I wouldn't know because the recipe file wouldn't extract D:<
    1. Serok
      Author's Response
      Completely fixed I do believe!