1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Core Novakid 1.0

Adds a Black Core with coloured Corona to the Novakid Color selection

1. LazerusKI
    Its also on Steam Workshop now

Its just a pretty simple modification.
    Since the Novakid release, i wanted to have one with a Black Core and White Corona.
    So after i figured out how it works (with some help from the chat of course), i created one.
    But that was not enough. I also created a few more different Colors.
    White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Cyan
    Nova.png

Lore? Never thought about it actually.
    Just create your own, for example
    "An Ancient Novakid who turned from a bright contained sun into a black hole. His event horizon still glows in bright colors"

It should be compatible with skin-mods, hairstyles etc, since i literally only add a few more color-codes.

If you want to edit it, add your own colors for your Novakid: Just do it.
    Its nothing hard, just one file with some new rgb codes, just add new lines like i did.
    Just credit me for the idea and maybe send me your version too, so that i can look at your creation and play with it :)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. It was never outdated

Recent Reviews

1. Thatepicguy
    Thatepicguy
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-12-14
    I like the slick colors however is their and lore as to why they are black cored or is it just for fun
    1. LazerusKI
      Author's Response
      Just for fun ;)
      But that doesnt stop you from creating your own backstory, i just wanted to have a dark version of the usually bright Novakid
  2. GLSage
    GLSage
    5/5,
    Works well, love the colors
  3. shaun4519
    shaun4519
    5/5,
    I really like this it would make for a really cool looking evil novakid
    who wants to do something like blow up the universe
  4. NethanielShade
    NethanielShade
    5/5,
    Would this mod be compatible with Novaskin? I guess I'll test it out, but otherwise it looks like a great mod.
    1. LazerusKI
      Author's Response
      Might be, it simply adds new Colors to the selector
  5. 0boko
    0boko
    5/5,
    What a cool idea. Fyi, if you use SBSE Desktop, you can actually change the color of your brand to get it to show.
    1. LazerusKI
      Author's Response
      The brands are shown, they are white on that black core, so they are simply inverted ;)
  6. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Looks really neat in-game. Now, if only the the brands came in a different colors. Great job. Looks great!
    1. LazerusKI
      Author's Response
      Currently the Brand-Color is within the BodyColor, so no seperate color-picker for them.
      Because of that, i just used the opposite to the White-Core Brands (they are all nearly black)

I experimented a little bit with different Colors based on the Corona. But believe me, even if it sounds neat...it looks just ugly ingame^^
      Because of that, i have not looked into some kind of "recycling" of the Bellybutton selector into a Brand Color selector, since im completely new the whole modding-stuff (always did just some minor changes for myself, just like this one here)