1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Gates 1.5.2

Corrects and adds some gates.

Tags:
  1. Emilgardis
    Have you eaten to many And switches(Sandwiches)? Longing for exclusively using NAND gates?? Look no more! For here is "Better Gates!!!"

This mod fixes the names of the gates, but also adds 3 more types of gates.

Changes:
    • AND switch = AND gate, Not switch = NOT gate, XOR switch = XOR gate.
    • 3 basic gates added; NOR gate, XNOR gate and finally the ultimate, practical NAND gate.
    • T Flip-Flop implemented in 1.5.0. On a budget? Use a button as a lever!
    • 7-segment display implemented in 1.5.2 (Yes I know, semantic versioning doesn't really apply to this project)

Artwork for the four gates was made mainly by chucklefish, but with some help of me. (DISCLAIMER: No clue what to put here really. But I don't claim to own the pictures, I simply distribute them for your fair use.)

Mod is now on steam workshop! Link here!
    TODO:
    Pulselimiters, 7-segment displays, mux & demux (maybe), short term memory (Like RAM), better output lights, real customizable circuit boards with components on. etc.
    This mod was created as a suggestion by me, for this thread.

Please rate the mod according to how you like it, that way I'll know a bit of what you think, and so that other people can discover this mod.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. KTrinsic
    KTrinsic
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5.2
    A very useful mod. Lets my circuit designs be much simpler and use fewer gates.
  2. CyborgDragon
    CyborgDragon
    4/5,
    Version: 1.4.5
    A good mod, but it causes a crash when you use the Starmap Mk3 upgrade. The cause of this crash is in the player config. The mod author added a null entry to the tier 3 unlocks, which the game doesn't like. By removing this null entry of [], and the comma on the line above, you can remove the crash issue.
    1. Emilgardis
      Author's Response
      Thank you for telling me :)