1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated 2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior 1.1e

Use fighting game moves!

1. Sir Bananington
    Sir Bananington
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1d
    Very nice, usefull in a tight spot. Also, is there a cooldown time?
    It only works in intervals for me :/
  2. Roland734
    Roland734
    5/5,
    I'm a HUGE fan of fighters and mainly 2d figthers and all i can say about this mod that its AWESOME. Also, i would kiss your nosetip if you would add dashing/sprint/airdash/double jump from the more mobility based fighters, starbound could use some fun fluid movement.
  3. Nakano15
    Nakano15
    1/5,
    The mod were causing issues on my friend's multiplayer server, when my friend spawned on the same world/ship as i, the special animation kept looping, then, when my friend used the special, he turned to invisible until re-entered the area.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      This is a known issue with the game, not my mod. Currently it seems to only work properly with the animations in single-player mode.
  4. Sephu
    Sephu
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1c
    I adore this. I only wish there were differences in the voice for males and females. Perhaps a pitch adjustment. But it's still very awesome and makes combat a LOT more fun.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like it! In regards to the voice.. it'd be somewhat hacky because I can't access whether the player is male or female from the tech lua script, so I'd have to make two techs (one male/one female). Instead I've opted to keep the original voice that the moveset is inherited from - so if I ever did a moveset like Chun-Li's, then the female voices would be used. :)
  5. sewens
    sewens
    5/5,
    It took me some time to figure out how it works but once I did it I used this tech everywhere! HINT: When you do a move correctly your hands will be empty for a moment.
  6. Freshyy
    Freshyy
    5/5,
    Really fun to use! Keep up the good work!
  7. Magma Claw
    Magma Claw
    5/5,
    WTF?! SPACE B00BIES!!!! im sorry what i meant was....frikin badass!
  8. Kiash
    Kiash
    4/5,
    Great mod, Fun to Hadouken everything and use the Super version to mine, though i did run into a issue, only 1 of my character had access to the recipe, it wouldnt show up on the rest of my characters
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      Were these new characters or characters created after the mod was installed?
  9. TheLordOfJoe
    TheLordOfJoe
    5/5,
    Looks great but I can't download from zippyshare, can you add an external download?
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
  10. trailblazer57
    trailblazer57
    4/5,
    great innovation and execution! my only gripe is that its hard to perform the super on keyboard. i also ever so humbly request more techs for other street fighter characters... specifically sakura. :)
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      Have you tried enabling easyInput? It might help you perform the super with less difficulty :)
  11. Active77
    Active77
    5/5,
    so sick! keep up the good work :)
  12. etherealblade
    etherealblade
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1b
    This really confirms something I've been thinking about for a while. You have both kudos and props for making this massive breakthrough.
  13. Patchumz
    Patchumz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1b
    Great mod, great fun, and all the options for it (mouseMode, easyInput) make it work for a wide range of people.
  14. FutatsuNoKao
    FutatsuNoKao
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0b
    "Do you wish the combat system was more interactive? Are you a fan of 2D fighters?
    Do you like ripping through a planet with a GIANT FREAKIN LASER BEAM?!"
    OMFG WHY I AM STILL HERE AND I AM NOT INSTALLING THIS MOD?!
  15. Chucklehead
    Chucklehead
    5/5,
    Great when backed into a corner.
  16. JBGolden
    JBGolden
    5/5,
    Sweet mod, I'm a huge fighting game buff.

Few niggles though: I tried editing for myself take out the diagonals since they were really being a pain in the butt to hit consecutively. I also added the option for using left for moves as hitting a quarter circle to the right to hit left was just *too* weird for me. I find it much easier to use.

It might be nice to add a lua option to use down right(left) tapping rather than rolling for ease of use.

Lastly, might there also be an option to not have the super background show up? Everytime I do a Shinkuu my game freezes for a moment to have it appear. Just wondering.

Just wanna reiterate though, this thing hits all my sweet spots.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      Yea I had initially had the move for left/right and F was the attack button, but doing qcf to the left plus F was just too awkward. When I switched to clicking I forgot to check out the left version again - perhaps I'll add a toggle in the .tech file so that the player can set their style. I'll also check out the tapping instead of rolling.

Regarding the super background.. check lines 371 and 391 in wayofthewarrior.lua, and comment them out (add -- to the beginning of the line). Glad you're enjoying it!
  17. SliverGinatX
    SliverGinatX
    4/5,
    the mods good but the inputs are kinda hard
  18. gondorf
    gondorf
    5/5,
    Nice!!! I love the super hadouken!
  19. popcar2
    popcar2
    5/5,
    edit: thank you so much for switching to zippyshare, mod works fine and is total kickass! thank you!
  20. iNeedSomeSleep
    iNeedSomeSleep
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0a
    Thanks. It's Awesome!