1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

「COLOREBOUND」 1.0.1

Adds a very subtle glow to several ores to make them easier to find (without them becoming beacons).

1. Seraphi
    [​IMG]
    Why, yes, that is still a terrible pun. Thank you for noticing.

Note: This mod is not Outdated. It was updated on August 27th, 2016.​

[COLOREBOUND] adds a very subtle glow to several of Starbound's in order to help you find what you need while digging around in the dark without just having to pick a direction and hoping for the best.

In game, the effect looks like this (stare at the image for a few seconds):​

colorebound.png
    [COLOREBOUND] adds a glow to the following ore types:
    aegisalt - copper - crystal - crystalgrass - diamond - erchius - ferozium - gold - iron - moonstone - platinum - plutonium - prisilite - silver - solarium - sulphur - titanium - trianglium - tungsten - uranium - violium​

[​IMG]
    HOW [COLOREBOUND] WORKS
    In Starbound, glow is added to an element via direct RGB value. For example, to add a pure white glow to an object, the value of the glow would be [255, 255, 255].

In giving the ores their own glow, I sampled the second lightest color of the ore (from the ore png files) and the reduced the exposure of that color by a factor of eight.

For example, the second lightest color (of which there are four) of uranium is [255, 163, 254]. Using this RGB value directly, however, would cause uranium to glow bright pink, which is obviously far too glaring and would illuminate everything underground too much.

Taking this color, I reduced the exposure of the color by -8.0, arriving at an RGB value of [5, 26, 0]. This gives uranium a glow this is just a few shades above black (which is also the color of the darkness of the underground!) without making it stand out too much.

That's really all there is too it.

Note: the glow of ores will vary per monitor brand and individual brightness / gamma settings. In addition, the darkness of the room that you're in, how long you focus on a particular area, and how bright the area surrounding the ore happens to be, will all mess with your eyes.

[​IMG]

INSTALLING/UNINSTALLING [COLOREBOUND]
    To install [COLOREBOUND], extract the [COLOREBOUND] archive to your Starbound/mods folder. To uninstall [COLOREBOUND], simply delete it from your mods folder.

[​IMG]

Have fun!

(。・ω・)ノ゙​
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. 1.0.1
  2. 1.0.0

Recent Reviews

1. uxlapogi
    uxlapogi
    1/5,
    Version: 1.3 | Upbeat Giraffe
    Not working with Glad Giraffe
  2. Drakarus
    Drakarus
    5/5,
    This mod let me actually enjoy the game. Without it, I can hardly stand going underground. Pulling for an update, and tossing 5 stars because of how awesome this mod is.
  3. Incredipede
    Incredipede
    5/5,
    Great modification, doesn't feel cheaty, enhances the gameplay. I like it.
  4. Concido
    Concido
    5/5,
    Bright enough to be visible, but faint enough to not feel cheaty. This should really be in the vanilla game, as mining is such a grind.
  5. GawronPL
    GawronPL
    5/5,
    Very helpfull :p
    1. Seraphi
      Author's Response
      Yay! ヾ(^∇^)
  6. endlessmark
    endlessmark
    5/5,
    Nice mod~ I had to use photoshop to figure out if this mod is working and it does lol(can barely see the ores on my 1080p LG monitor)
    1. Seraphi
      Author's Response
      The slightly brighter 1.2 version might be more suited to your tastes (/monitor and gamma settings).

You can download it from the previous versions history.
  7. Khuur
    Khuur
    5/5,
    It is only very slightly noticeable, which is nice. Well done.
  8. Dragonspear
    Dragonspear
    5/5,
    You can say my game is "Coloreful" now.
  9. Baleur
    Baleur
    5/5,
    Brilliant! Edited it a bit to double the brightness for it to work better with my ChromaticBound mod (postprocess effects, darkens low light areas).
  10. DaedricShadow
    DaedricShadow
    4/5,
    This mod is great! I've used it with my friends on Multiplayer and on Single-Player and it has helped me progress through the hard stages of the game. The only thing I would like to be added is an option for having the older versions of the mod, because I can barely see the ores and it would be nice to have a brighter glow effect.
    1. Seraphi
      Author's Response
      Click on the "Version History" tab and download the 1.2 version. Copy the files over the 1.3 version (so you're not missing any glows).